New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Voigtlander Warranty

Wilfredo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Voigtlander Warranty

I purchased a new Voightlander 15mm Heliar from B&H and it came with no Warranty or Registration Card. Does anyone know if Voigtlander lenses come with a warranty or Registration Card? I could not find anything online.

Nov 26, 2014 at 01:35 PM
GRM
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Voigtlander Warranty

I remember buying a couple new Voigtlander lenses in the last year but none of them had a warranty card. They all came with some kind of booklet and even that was for multiple lenses. Probably B&H can help answer you question.

Nov 26, 2014 at 01:43 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Voigtlander Warranty

Wilfredo wrote:
I purchased a new Voightlander 15mm Heliar from B&H and it came with no Warranty or Registration Card. Does anyone know if Voigtlander lenses come with a warranty or Registration Card? I could not find anything online.

I am not sure about Voigtlander lenses sold through B&H (but if they are sold through the other US Distributor to B&H as a US import) then I would presume they have the same 1 year warranty as those sold through CameraQuest. An advantage of buying through CameraQuest is that Stephen Gandy includes a B + W Nano Clear filter! (I believe it is a UV filter) with the purchase of the lenses.

Rich

Nov 26, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Voigtlander Warranty

naturephoto1 wrote:
An advantage of buying through CameraQuest is that Stephen Gandy includes a B + W Nano Clear filter! (I believe it is a UV filter) with the purchase of the lenses.

Rich

it is not a UV filter, but just clear glass.

Nov 26, 2014 at 04:39 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Voigtlander Warranty

My CV lens came w/instructions but no warranty card

You have to contact the retailer for warranty issues

Cameraquest offers it, and I am sure B and H honors it as well

Link:

https://cameraquest.com/frames/CVCQW.htm

Pers. I would want everything included if I bought a new lens from the retailer. I have had this happen before and was sent a replacement with all items as new from a authorized dealer. The lens you received might also be a returned item not necessarily used by the prior owner, but you never know?

Once I received a advertised new lens from a retailer but it was obviously used by evidence of an opened box, wrappings, aperture ring, focus ring midway, etc. and I contacted them, they immediately refunded a portion and sold it has used in like new condition.

No instructions might devalue the lens if you decide to sell it, you'd be surprised by what some potential buyers want, and I would have to agree with them in most cases

Nov 26, 2014 at 08:22 PM
Wilfredo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Voigtlander Warranty

Live and learn. I'm happy with the lens but won't buy another new Voigtlander lens in the future from B&H. It's a bit sneaky not to mention anything about the warranty at the time of purchase. This is something you take for granted will be in the box. Next time Camera Quest.

Thanks!

Nov 29, 2014 at 05:38 PM
f.hayek
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Voigtlander Warranty

Wilfredo wrote:
Live and learn. I'm happy with the lens but won't buy another new Voigtlander lens in the future from B&H. It's a bit sneaky not to mention anything about the warranty at the time of purchase. This is something you take for granted will be in the box. Next time Camera Quest.

Thanks!

IIRC, B&H warranties the lenses themselves. I think it's a year. Check with them. They have always been upstanding in my experience in such matters.

Nov 29, 2014 at 08:09 PM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Voigtlander Warranty

I can't remember exactly but I think Stephen at cameraquest registers your purchase when you buy a lens. Not sure you'd get a card then either.

Nov 29, 2014 at 08:55 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.