FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Wedding dress store

Robin Usagani
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wedding dress store

So a nice wedding dress shop asked me to use photos from recent wedding for their website, i said yes of course. It is a very nice store so I asked if they want a canvas print of the bride to display on their shop with a liitle signature of my website below it. They said.. Absolutely! I sent them the canvas, took them a while to put it up. It was finally up. I told the bride that their photo is at that store. They went visit the store, the freaking store gave them the canvas because they are redoing the wall. What the fuck? I just want to blow some steam.

Nov 25, 2014 at 09:04 AM
MollyYoung
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wedding dress store

Wow.... that seriously blows. How long was the canvas on the wall that they wanted to redo the wall?

Nov 25, 2014 at 09:21 AM
Robin Usagani
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wedding dress store

1 month 3 days . Here is the photo.

http://usagani.com/img/s6/v143/p736323396-4.jpg

Nov 25, 2014 at 09:35 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wedding dress store

Sorry to hear that . I sometimes do such informal gestures to local businesses, but you can't really anticipate them doing something like that.

I guess the other perspective is: you gave them the image to advertise for free and gave them a material product for free - so to them it really wasn't worth much and it didn't mean much to just cast it aside. Despite the time you put into creating the product, and the very real cost.

Perhaps the silver lining of this is the perspective can make us all think about how we run our businesses. (I'm just thinking out loud here, not at all shitting on you, I'd be pissed too)

Happy shooting!

Nov 25, 2014 at 09:40 AM
myam203
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wedding dress store

That's annoying. It could backfire, but I'd be tempted to send over another canvas, hoping they get the message of "Hey dumbass. This time, keep the damn thing on your wall."

Side note: Order canvases from cgproprints.com - very inexpensive and great quality. I've ordered around 10 from them so far, ranging in size from 16x20 to 48x60.

Nov 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM
TTLKurtis
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wedding dress store

myam203 wrote:
That's annoying. It could backfire, but I'd be tempted to send over another canvas, hoping they get the message of "Hey dumbass. This time, keep the damn thing on your wall."

Side note: Order canvases from cgproprints.com - very inexpensive and great quality. I've ordered around 10 from them so far, ranging in size from 16x20 to 48x60.

They're great quality prints but very poor quality construction. I wouldn't recommend selling them to clients personally but they're fantastic for this sort of thing and inexpensive samples.

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:14 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wedding dress store

Found some of my images in a gown brochure while my wife was then looking for gowns - plot twist - found my images in it, no request for permission recieved nor authorization given. lol? Meh.

Nov 25, 2014 at 12:52 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wedding dress store

jeremy_clay wrote:
Found some of my images in a gown brochure while my wife was then looking for gowns - plot twist - found my images in it, no request for permission recieved nor authorization given. lol? Meh.

I thought you were pursuing legal action with this?

Nov 25, 2014 at 05:24 PM
jeremy_clay
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wedding dress store

ricardovaste wrote:
I thought you were pursuing legal action with this?

different event altogether.

Nov 25, 2014 at 08:06 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wedding dress store

Annoying but I can see how it happened. They are going to chuck it out and brides comes in so they figure why not, it was given to them free no strings attached anyway.

With things like this, pictures getting re-edited etc. I just no longer sweat it or I'd be angry all the time and it just isn't worth it much like getting cut up driving somewhere. Non-photogs just see and treat pictures differently to us and often the intent isn't malicious. I just saw the a wedding singer's promo pics I took arrive on FB with crushed blacks and instagram filters all over them. She is excited about the pictures, I got paid; getting bent out of shape will only hurt me.

BTW Great shot though, I can see why they wanted it.

Nov 26, 2014 at 07:33 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wedding dress store

I'm confused as hell

Nov 29, 2014 at 01:29 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.