FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · My few from Zion

thoang77
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My few from Zion

I too, along with what seems like 50% of this forum, made a trip out to Zion recently. It was my first trip out there, but it certainly won't be my last! The fall colors weren't quite peaking yet (went the first week of November), but there was enough for me to be happy about! Weather was interesting, first two days were riddled with rain while the next two were crystal clear. No dramatic sunrise or sunset skies for me Didn't get a chance to do the narrows this time around, but I did wade a bit down the river to take a couple photos and boy it was chilly with just shoes!

Naturally, the bridge was packed a good hour before sunset, so I hunkered down a bit lower on one of the pathway bridges. The clouds blocked any light for the majority of the sunset, but this glimmer of red shined through for about 30 seconds. I thought I was seeing things for about 5 seconds before I acted, haha.

Zion by Trung_Hoang

Desert Watchman by Trung_Hoang

Not sure which of the following two shots I prefer. While there were no clouds in the sky, I gladly would take the fantastic fog that swept through the canyon that morning.

Foggy Zion Canyon by Trung_Hoang

Good Morning Zion! by Trung_Hoang

Into Zion Canyon by Trung_Hoang

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for looking!

(Man, flickr really compresses those resized thumbnails, new host thats not as crunchy looking)

Edited on Nov 22, 2014 at 10:25 PM · View previous versions

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Colorado CJ
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My few from Zion

All are nice, but I really like the last one. Dramatic lighting with shadows. Well done!

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM
Alan Brock
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My few from Zion

Zion...never heard of it. Excepting #1, you've captured some unique views that often aren't shown of Zion. I love the framing of #3, but like the light on the Towers better in #4. You definitely had some good conditions to work with from the canyon overlook. Same on your way to Angel's Landing. You've certainly captured some dramatic lighting! Well done.

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:50 PM
lightskyland
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My few from Zion

Brings back memories of Zion! It's been more than ten years since I was there, sadly

Love the fog down in the valley, and you've got great color in the cottonwoods!

Nov 23, 2014 at 08:13 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My few from Zion

Hard to get a bad picture at Zion. I was there the 6th. Clear sky's the whole time. I also walked down to the other bridges to see if I could get something different, but I did the narrows the day I had planned for this shot and was too late.

I like them all.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:34 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.