Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

Archive 2014 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

sgtbueno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

I own 6 YN600-RT awesome flashes, cant go wrong.

Jan 17, 2015 at 10:05 PM
hvu2012
• •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

Weez wrote:
This is probably the only concern I have, although I believe there are some on this forum who have a year + with them and haven't had issues, so it's looking good so far.

BHphoto now carries Yongnuo stuffs. So i hope it will last for a while. Ultimately, i prefer Canon stuffs, but Yongnuo for me is far so good.

Jan 18, 2015 at 04:17 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

I can't believe they are here already. Already got a chance to play around with them and so far the set up seems easy enough. I have a few smaller triggers on order too, betting they show up tomorrow.

Jan 19, 2015 at 09:19 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

it took a little longer than anticipated for the triggers to get here, just doing some initial testing and so far got everything working. I did take note of something mentioned on another thread here about the AAA batteries in the trigger, that alkalines have the proper voltage and the rechargeables do not and that may cause misfires.... so that is really the only downside I see on the separate triggers, but even with my cyber syncs I was having to buy special batteries and always keep extra on hand. I am looking forward to testing this out at a real event/venue, then I need to come up with a plan on what to consider switching out on my current set up going forward if all goes well.

Jan 26, 2015 at 03:10 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I read through and still have trouble picturing what I'm trying to achieve. Some are using versions 3 or 4, some using the TX and different combinations etc.
Currently I'm using Cybersync's but have to go to each flash, drop the stand, adjust the power, raise it, test flash and so on.
What I'm wanting to achieve is: One on-camera SB-910 for ETTL/Fill, 3 manual OCF's with the ability to remotely adjust their power all firing at the same time.
What would be the ideal setup for this using the Yuongnuo system?
I'm so confused! And I think it has to do with not seeing things visually

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:01 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

The 560 series is manual so the one on camera won't be ETTL for fill, but they also make ETTL versions as well that are more expensive, but I don't think they can control the 560 series so you would have to go with all ETTL I think. Others may chime in with more details, but if ETTL on camera is a necessity then you should probably look into other systems or models of Yuongou (as far as I know).

Mar 16, 2015 at 02:15 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

S-Man23 wrote:
What I'm wanting to achieve is: One on-camera SB-910 for ETTL/Fill, 3 manual OCF's with the ability to remotely adjust their power all firing at the same time.
I'm so confused! And I think it has to do with not seeing things visually

I do exactly this with an on-camera 580ex and four off-camera Cheetah lights. The Cheetah transmitter allows me to remotely control each flash individually. I put the Cheetah transmitter on a "hot shoe" which sits on a small arm attached to my camera. The hot shoe is plugged into the sync port of my camera. The 580ex then sits on the camera's hot shoe.

Mar 16, 2015 at 03:59 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

That's exactly what I want to do, Jim, thanks for the reply. There isn't a slicker way of doing this without a bracket? Like some transmitters sit on your hotshoe then your flash sits on top of that?

Some have mentioned keeping the power control transmitter in your pocket just to adjust the power and using the on camera transmitter for popping. I'm a little confused to how this works.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:58 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

S-Man23 wrote:
That's exactly what I want to do, Jim, thanks for the reply. There isn't a slicker way of doing this without a bracket? Like some transmitters sit on your hotshoe then your flash sits on top of that?

Some have mentioned keeping the power control transmitter in your pocket just to adjust the power and using the on camera transmitter for popping. I'm a little confused to how this works.

Use an on camera pass through ettl trigger like the yn-622, put tranceivers on all your off cam lights. The 622 will allow on cam ettl and trigger your off cams. Set the off cam power using the cheetah/godox/whatever trigger.

Mar 17, 2015 at 02:42 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

S-Man23 wrote:
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I read through and still have trouble picturing what I'm trying to achieve. Some are using versions 3 or 4, some using the TX and different combinations etc.
Currently I'm using Cybersync's but have to go to each flash, drop the stand, adjust the power, raise it, test flash and so on.
I'm so confused! And I
...Show more

I feel your pain, it's a pain in the rear doing things that way with OCF unless you get it right and not have to fiddle with everything. I have been doing it pretty much exactly how you described. Once they came out with this system with the built in receivers & transmitters, I decided to give it a try. I haven't shot my first event with it, but I did get out to a local venue today to do some test shots. V4, I also have the TX and the 605 triggers. The test shots went well today, actually had no flash on the camera for this. Tomorrow I may get a chance to try it out at a rehearsal dinner, if not then, then I will definitely use them at the wedding on Friday.

no need to apologize for bumping the thread, and around here I don't think we would consider this to be "old", I will surely be reporting back after getting a real chance to use these.

Mar 18, 2015 at 09:08 PM
S-Man23
• • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

Thanks Sheri, look forward to hearing your experience with it. I pulled up another thread about OCF and Chuck and Tony mentioned using the same system of Cheetah Lights and Stratos triggers and it got me curious about this system as well. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1334177/1
For now I can stick with the manual adjustments. It's not that big of a deal, it just has been taking some getting used to the magmod changing the required output than what I'm used to.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:39 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

Oh, I agree, I started using magmod too and that is also being factored into this.

Mar 19, 2015 at 05:48 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

okay, first wedding with the new v4 system, all went well and I feel I did very well with the manual on camera fill flash too (yeah me!), only thing went wrong tonight was had a lens fall off my camera... only my most used lens.... of course that has nothing to do with the flashes, but sure took me by surprise and now I gotta figure out what to do about it, it works, but the "zoom" ring is much harder to turn now.

Mar 21, 2015 at 12:27 AM
hvu2012
• •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

I believe there is no one size fits all in flash. It all depends on which venue, how dance floor laid out,..etc... For small dance floor, i put all 4 yongnuo 560IV on stand, with large flashbender on the two front, and 560TX on my camera that i can change power level anyway i want.

If i don't have the way to set front light on stand, then i'll stick with on camera ETTL for fill and 2 background lights (manual mode).

Mar 24, 2015 at 05:48 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

hvu2012 wrote:
I believe there is no one size fits all in flash. It all depends on which venue, how dance floor laid out,..etc... For small dance floor, i put all 4 yongnuo 560IV on stand, with large flashbender on the two front, and 560TX on my camera that i can change power level anyway i want.

If i don't have the way to set front light on stand, then i'll stick with on camera ETTL for fill and 2 background lights (manual mode).

if you use ETTL on camera, how are you triggering the off camera flashes? I don't think I was able to figure out an easy way to do that with these flashes yet. When I was using my cyber sync, I had that all figured out, but not sure how to do that with this system so I would love to know what you have figured out.

Mar 24, 2015 at 07:51 PM
hvu2012
• •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

sherijohnson wrote:
if you use ETTL on camera, how are you triggering the off camera flashes? I don't think I was able to figure out an easy way to do that with these flashes yet. When I was using my cyber sync, I had that all figured out, but not sure how to do that with this system so I would love to know what you have figured out.

I used to use Pocketwizard miniTT1/FlexTT5. I put 1 550EX and 1 580EX II on FlexTT5 (set flash on manual power 1/16 or 1/32 depending on how big the dance floor is). Then, i put another 580EX II on top of miniTT1 which is on camera as TTL pass through. So, when you press shutter button, miniTT1 will trigger other two off-camera flashes.

Now i use Yongnuo 622C system (sold PW as i don't think it's reliable like manual PW trigger system) which is behave the same way miniTT1/flexTT5.

Mar 26, 2015 at 03:19 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

I am very intrigued by this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1127489-REG/nissin_nd700ak_n_di_700a_flash_air_1.html/mode/edu

Anyone had the chance to try it?

Mar 26, 2015 at 08:44 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

hvu2012 wrote:
I used to use Pocketwizard miniTT1/FlexTT5. I put 1 550EX and 1 580EX II on FlexTT5 (set flash on manual power 1/16 or 1/32 depending on how big the dance floor is). Then, i put another 580EX II on top of miniTT1 which is on camera as TTL pass through. So, when you press shutter button, miniTT1 will trigger other two off-camera flashes.

Now i use Yongnuo 622C system (sold PW as i don't think it's reliable like manual PW trigger system) which is behave the same way miniTT1/flexTT5.

so I am still not seeing how what you said ties in with the Yongnuo 560IV flashes?

Mar 27, 2015 at 06:25 AM
hvu2012
• •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

what i mean is to put 560IV on YN622C (you will need to set Manual Mode on 560IV, not TX/RX because 560IV itself has trigger built-in and you need to disable it). Then set power level on 560IV as desired. Then whenever you press shutter button, the transceiver with TTL flash on top camera will trigger 560IV.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:44 AM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · Yongnuo 560 iii perfect manual flash system?

with all that then the transceivers are not used at all not sure that all makes sense to me

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:11 PM
1       2       3      
       5       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.