New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Vataga
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Bigvalueinc has the Nikon D610 (BODY ONLY) w/ 1-Year Seller Warranty for a low $1199.99 Free Shipping. Tax in NJ.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-D610-DSLR-Camera-Body-Only-/301024322967?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item461672a597

Reminder! What should you know about gray market products!
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/331/~/what-is-gray-market%3F

Edited on Nov 21, 2014 at 04:05 PM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:58 AM
glassartist
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

3.3/10 on resellerratings.

Do we really need to have this discussion again about internet 'bargains'?

It's bad enough that FM carries ads for a number of these operations.

Nov 21, 2014 at 12:36 PM
riotshield
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I e-mailed them asking about their 1-year store warranty and who does the warranty service should it be needed (in-house, at Nikon, or other 3rd party). I got a canned response the next day that dodged the question.

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:25 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

so you know what that means right?

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:42 PM
iso640

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they sell grey market but don't disclose. I've also read any place that specifically offers a warranty as part of the "deal" are selling grey market too. This means, for all intents and purposes, there's no way to get a grey market item repaired in the US.

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:43 PM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

its disclosed:

on the site: Import Model with 1-Year USA Seller Warranty. it will not be worked or warrantied by Nikon USA.

as glassartist said another waste of time.

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:45 PM
Vataga
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I understand very well what you're talking about.
Of course, there is an obvious dependence: pay less - get less.
But you also need to understand that maybe there are people who can choose the first one - the low cost.
In this, I started this topic not for another discussion. I started it for those people who might be interested in this deal.

Nov 21, 2014 at 02:20 PM
sandycrane
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Yes, but there is no reason not to warn people that it might not be a good deal.

Nov 21, 2014 at 02:26 PM
Vataga
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

No doubts, people on this forum must be warn for some drawbacks.
As some said, this is another topic with some "risky" bargain.
But I think FM members are clever enough to understand the "rules" of such deals.
And like with that D750, maybe there are some people who might be glad to find such deal while understanding all pros and cons.

And again, if I correctly understand, we're talking not about fake or broken products.
We're talking about limited/missing warranty and thats all.
Grey market products are popular too for some reasons. In this, I think such topics should find some place on this forum. For those people who need it and understand all pros and cons of such deals.

And as you can see it, I pointed out about only "seller warranty".

Nov 21, 2014 at 02:49 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I'm sure you were well intentioned in starting this thread, but you're knot doing anyone any favors by steering them towards disreputable dealers or obviously bogus deals.

Nov 21, 2014 at 02:52 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

glassartist wrote:
3.3/10 on resellerratings.

Do we really need to have this discussion again about internet 'bargains'?

It's bad enough that FM carries ads for a number of these operations.

This battle was fought several years ago n a website forum run by a photography magazine. Denizens of the website finally got the advertiser banned, but it just reappeared under a slightly different name. The dishonest dealer was buying several pages of ads every month.

Nov 21, 2014 at 03:16 PM
danh920
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I bought a lens from big value via ebay a couple years ago and was very satisfied with the shipping time and product. May have been grey market

Nov 21, 2014 at 03:22 PM
Vataga
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Guys, I'm very surprised by your reaction... As I told earlier, we're talking about limited/missing warranty, not about fake or broken products. Is it right?

I dont see why this deal is a "bogus" and why the seller is "disreputable".
All terms of this deal was stated in the description. The customer has information to make his own decision.

I dont want to be a lawyer for that ebay store and for grey market products.
But take a look - 166 cameras were sold. And I think that bigger part of those customers made deliberate choice.

jim allison wrote:
I'm sure you were well intentioned in starting this thread, but you're knot doing anyone any favors by steering them towards disreputable dealers or obviously bogus deals.

Following your logics, let's accuse Trenchmonkey that he shared the link to refurbished d810, which is why a lot fathers broke family budgets buying them...

Nov 21, 2014 at 03:25 PM
Vataga
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I dont want to make such wars with any of you.
Let's get clear.
If FM members have opinion and arguments that ALL potential customers should ALWAYS avoid such deals then no problem. We can even ask forum administrator to create rule for not posting such deals missing manufacturer warranty. And that's all.

But in my opinion, that people always need to have choice. Pay more - get more. Pay less - get less. You can choose from different deals. Just need to give appropriate information about this products to FM members.

Nov 21, 2014 at 03:33 PM
Vataga
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

If we have such conversation, then I want to ask a question about greay market products.

I have grey market Nikon 50 1.8 AF-D from adorama. It servs me well for 3-4 years.
But I dont really well understand all the nuances of these products. I hope you'll help me to expand my knowledge.

Nikon official web site provide some info about grey market products.
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/331/~/what-is-gray-market%3F

Tell me please, what are the options for repair in USA if Nikon Inc. USA cannot provide any technical support or warranty service on Gray Market items?

Nov 21, 2014 at 03:55 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Vataga wrote:
If we have such conversation, then I want to ask a question about greay market products.

I have grey market Nikon 50 1.8 AF-D from adorama. It servs me well for 3-4 years.
But I dont really well understand all the nuances of these products. I hope you'll help me to expand my knowledge.

Nikon official web site provide some info about grey market products.

Tell me please, what are the options for repair in USA if Nikon Inc. USA cannot provide any technical support or warranty service on Gray Market items?

There are Nikon-authorized third-party service centers and most will work on grey-market items. However they cannot provide service for the newest models of Nikon bodies, either because the centers are not equipped to handle them or because Nikon will not sell them parts. This currently includes bodies such as the D810, D600, D610, and D750; by contrast they can work on the D800/E. The situation may change in the future whereby they can work on the excluded bodies but there is no guarantee that will happen, so as of right now their is no way to get those bodies serviced in the USA, esp if the servicing requires parts. You can use this link to determine which bodies/lenses the third-party centers are equipped/supplied to service.

Nov 21, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Vataga
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

snapsy wrote:
There are Nikon-authorized third-party service centers and most will work on grey-market items. However they cannot provide service for the newest models of Nikon bodies, either because the centers are not equipped to handle them or because Nikon will not sell them parts. This currently includes bodies such as the D810, D600, D610, and D750; by contrast they can work on the D800/E. The situation may change in the future whereby they can work on the excluded bodies but there is no guarantee that will happen, so as of right now their is no way to get those bodies serviced
...Show more

Big thanks for your answer!
You describe everything exactly as I thought about this problem.

I'm new to this forum and you're one of those members whom I "know" (primarily because of DotTune, thanks for that method).
If you dont mind I very want to hear your own opinion about such deals and about buying gray market poducts because of low prices! Should we post such deals? Is it worth it for your opinion? Thanks!

Nov 21, 2014 at 04:54 PM
snapsy
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Vataga wrote:
Big thanks for your answer!
You describe everything exactly as I thought about this problem.

I'm new to this forum and you're one of those members whom I "know" (primarily because of DotTune, thanks for that method).
If you dont mind I very want to hear your own opinion about such deals and about buying gray market poducts because of low prices! Should we post such deals? Is it worth it for your opinion? Thanks!

I've posted grey-market deals, mostly for Canon though since they're more lenient on warranty coverage for imports.

Nov 21, 2014 at 07:59 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

Does this happen in other countries? I mean in Canada, Germany, UK, Singapore, etc. Nikon of each country does not send parts to service centers for servicing cameras bought in countries other than those countries? Or is it just the arrogance of US importer because US is a big market for Nikon and therefore they can use that power to put pressure on Nikon?

Nov 21, 2014 at 08:13 PM
newusaa
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Nikon D610 at Bigvalueinc for $1,199.99

I personally have bought and been happy with things like a tripod head and legs from sellers like this. Not sure how some of these overseas sellers have such low prices, esp on manfrotto gear I've noticed. I'm not sure if big value is here or overseas, but I'm also wary of buying bodies from sellers like this. It certainly is an art form trying to get a good deal these days, because b and h has rock bottom prices already after their cash back and included items with bodies.

To each their own but I'd pass on this particular "deal" as well.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:04 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.