Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Looks impressive: http://www.sony.net/Products/di/en-gb/products/v6cd/feature.html?contentsTop=1

Nov 20, 2014 at 02:53 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

The a9 looks more impressive

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:01 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

what are the current rumors around the a9? the rumors flying around kind of confused me into thinking the a7II was going to be called the a9?

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:06 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Probably will pick one up. The 5 axis IS in the EM1 is sensational and I have an a99 just to have a stabilised body for my alpha lenses. So it makes sense for me.

Gordon

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:34 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Well, as I don't need any camera (and I use Sony), the simple answer is "no".

hardlyboring wrote:
The a9 looks more impressive

If they make an a7 that is better built, much better battery, dual cards, dslr speed AF, then I'd see this as my next 'work' cameras one day, maybe.

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Tony Hoffer
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

looks amazing. when is it coming out?

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:50 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Tony Hoffer wrote:

should be shipping in January.

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:51 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Eventually, yes. But I will wait for the drastic markdown that I was able to enjoy with an a7 (~$1250). The IBIS alone makes it worthwhile. I can throw on my stellar 100/2 and excellent 100-300 APO, and have a ball. Throw on that the 55/1.8 will now be stabilized, along with the future 28/2, and I have absolutely no reason to look back on the a-mount. IBIS was my one regret, now there is none.

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:54 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

The A9 is most likely going to be a little different than the a7II... not sure on specs yet.
They really need to do a digital RF in it and make the RF work with any lens no matter how it is mounted. If they did that they would rule the world. The only reason I won't go back to Sony is because the RF experience is just to great to leave Leica for.
Focus peaking, zooming, all that crap is "nice" but classic RF is impossible to beat.
I have seen some rumor drawings of the A9 flying around and it is almost identical looking to a Leica body...
I can hope...

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:57 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

I am biased.

What I have heard the A9 will have a totally new sensor-design and a much (!) improved AF, but I also heard it will be more expensive (read another league) and may have something like 45 megapixels...

The A7II looks OK. But, my main concerns with the A7 may not be addressed (who knows yet). EVF blackout, start up time, battery life AND AF performance. Yeah, AF is supposed to be 30% better but what is with low light? c-AF?
Image stab. is OK, but for my kind of work not that important. My images have motion blur of moving people not an unsharp ring-shot (0:

I am afraid that they will fool around like Nikon did. An A9 with super AF and professional built but 45-ish MP, and a consumer A7-something with subpar AF. It may be that we see the perfect Sony wedding cam in 3 years (A7s - A9 fusion)

We do not even know what the 28 will be like and what size the 85 will be. In my opinion they built too large lenses for that system.

heiko

Nov 20, 2014 at 04:03 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

hardlyboring wrote:
The A9 is most likely going to be a little different than the a7II... not sure on specs yet.
They really need to do a digital RF in it and make the RF work with any lens no matter how it is mounted. If they did that they would rule the world. The only reason I won't go back to Sony is because the RF experience is just to great to leave Leica for.
Focus peaking, zooming, all that crap is "nice" but classic RF is impossible to beat.
I have seen some rumor drawings of the A9 flying around
...Show more

The likelihood of Somy developing an entirely new focusing method and relaunching a whole bunch of lenses to offer you this? please don't get your hopes to high. I honestly cannot see this happening at all... Sony making a real RF mechanism? Maybe they'll make it look a bit 'retro' like Fuji do, but I cannot see them making a real RF.

If they push the VF over to the left with the a9 that'll only be a good thing though, far more comfortable that way with my giant nose.

Nov 20, 2014 at 04:06 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

I am not talking about a "real" Rf... I am talking about an electronic one. It could be done easily. all that stabilization tech etc. It would be cake for them to write a program that could simulate the mechanical RF.
Move the viewfinder over to the left and put a shutter dial on and then magically you have the future of photography. It would be SIMPLE. They most likely won't but it is doable with little extra time and effort on their part.

Nov 20, 2014 at 04:15 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Tony Hoffer wrote:

a7II - Dec 5th in Japan, no announcement for U.S. yet. a9 early next year.

Nov 20, 2014 at 05:12 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

hardlyboring wrote:
I have seen some rumor drawings of the A9 flying around
...Show more

Me either. Not even close to a substitute. But it is a great compliment. Same resolution. Accepts many M-Mount lenses and I don't need to spend $1500.00 to have both an EVF and flash on the Sony. The focus accuracy on the A7 is rock solid. But it aint no rangefinder for sure.

Gordon

Nov 20, 2014 at 06:05 PM
flash
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

heikoM wrote:
I am biased.

What I have heard the A9 will have a totally new sensor-design and a much (!) improved AF, but I also heard it will be more expensive (read another league) and may have something like 45 megapixels...

The A7II looks OK. But, my main concerns with the A7 may not be addressed (who knows yet). EVF blackout, start up time, battery life AND AF performance. Yeah, AF is supposed to be 30% better but what is with low light? c-AF?
Image stab. is OK, but for my kind of work not that important. My images have motion blur of moving
...Show more

If it's anything like the A7S or a6000 it'll be great in low light. Start up time isn't an issue for me. It's quicker than my Leica's. But there's not going to be a change to battery life though. Would be nice if they could do what they did with the a99. Two batteries in the grip AND one in the body. That would help a lot.

Gordon

Nov 20, 2014 at 06:07 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

off topic,

Gordon, do you feel the A7s focuses better in good light then the A7, or is there only a difference in pitch black?

And, do you think the AF-c on the A7 is as good in aquiring focus as AF-s? (you know, for dynamic back button focussing). I have the impression itīs the same, if not quicker.

thanks,

heiko

Nov 20, 2014 at 07:03 PM
thorne88
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Definitely more interested in the A9. I do really like the grip they put on the A7ii... I wish my A7 had that

Nov 20, 2014 at 08:29 PM
joshua grasso
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Id only would want one for personal work so maybe when it comes out I'll pick up an a7 v1 used at a discount.

Nov 20, 2014 at 08:33 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Did that say anything about 2 memory card slots? I didn't see anything, but it seems like too obvious of a feature not to include. :-/

Nov 20, 2014 at 09:02 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Any Sony Shooters Going to Pick Up a New a7II?

Im going to get one. Since going mirrorless last year I can't go back to DSLR's. Love the Fuji X and Sony A7 I have been using. I think this will be a nice addition to my bag

Nov 20, 2014 at 09:14 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.