FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Anyone try Ello?

BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone try Ello?

It is an invite-only, ad-free social media platform. (read the manifesto: https://ello.co/wtf/post/manifesto ) It is largely creative-types on there, so it has a very different feel than everything else. It isn't plastered with memes, crap from buzzfeed, and iphone selfies. I am not sure if it is going anywhere and I haven't really done anything with my profile yet, but just curious if anyone else was giving it a shot.

To be clear, I highly doubt it would have much or any value for marketing, but it could be a cool place to share images and see some cool stuff (i.e., another internet time vortex).

My Profile

If anyone wants to try it out, I have some invite codes available. If you're already on here, add me or post a link to your profile.

Nov 20, 2014 at 01:31 PM
MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone try Ello?

My membership was recently approved but I haven't had any time to really play with it and figure it all out.

Nov 20, 2014 at 02:20 PM
Tim Wild
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone try Ello?

I find it poorly featured and difficult to use. Combine with few people on it and I have no idea what the hype was about.

Nov 20, 2014 at 03:29 PM
BSPhotog
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone try Ello?

Tim Wild wrote:
I find it poorly featured and difficult to use. Combine with few people on it and I have no idea what the hype was about.

Yeah, they should really throw some ads up so they can afford to make it awesome quicker. .

You're right, though. I really don't know what to do with it.

Nov 20, 2014 at 04:04 PM
Michael Beard
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone try Ello?

I have received my invite and signed up, that's as far as I have gotten. I will give it a chance though!

Nov 20, 2014 at 06:54 PM
Sodonn
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone try Ello?

a little article about ello and glimpse to where it may be heading.

https://aralbalkan.com/notes/ello-goodbye/

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:23 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.