Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2014 · How many camera systems do you have?

carstenw
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · How many camera systems do you have?

I have already decided, but can't get around to doing it

Nov 20, 2014 at 06:53 PM
malosify

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · How many camera systems do you have?

2, but I only use the second one.

Nex7 + Zeiss 16-70/4
E-M1 + 25-1.8 + 12-40/2.8

I like them both a lot, but I prefer to shoot Oly because it is faster handheld and less finicky on a tripod (and sealed). I keep my sanity by shooting and studying photos. I had a bunch of FD glass for NEX, but got rid of most of it because I just found it distracting.

In fact, if there was a system consisting of:
Small weather sealed FF evf/mirrorless body with good controls
GOOD smallish weather-sealed AF ~50/1.8
I'd dump this gear and just go get that. I get distracted when I have more than 1 focal length.

Nov 20, 2014 at 07:10 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · How many camera systems do you have?

Too many? Is there such a thing?
Actually, I'm sometimes having a difficult time as of late, trying pick which lenses to use...
But, these are the ones I actually use:
Canon 5DMkII, Canon EOS 3, many flashes, many lenses of all types and makes, and the Kodak SLR/C body fits in with this nicely as well. Nice system.
Fuji Film X-E1, many lenses of all types and makes. I like this system too.
Mamiya RZ67 ProII, many lenses. I like this system, really wish I could spend more time using it.
Sinar F2 4x5, again, many lenses of all types and makes, and now a 6x12 back. I like this system too, also really wish I could spend more time using it.
I use a couple of other 120 film bodies w/ non detachable lenses, these would be all in one "systems"?
A super condition Franka Werke Rolfix 6x9, and recently a super condition Fuji Film GA645zi.
I seem to have had good luck, so far, in purchasing used equipment, only one or two bummer deals. Though, I did suffer a great loss years ago, most of my kit was stolen.
Yeap, that's too many, and a LOT of work at times, but, I seem to like it.
And I'll stop now, it's the pinot noir, heh, I normally don't post a lot...

Edited on Nov 22, 2014 at 09:28 AM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2014 at 09:49 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · How many camera systems do you have?

I have three digital cameras with three different sensor sizes and two different mounts and lenses that were, for the most part, designed to work with other mounts, so I don't really have a system, per se. But there's nothing about owning the different cameras that drives me crazy. I enjoy shooting with all three. I'm still in a honeymoon period with the 645D, so the NEX-7 and a7 haven't seen much use in the past couple of months, but that's starting to change. The a7 went to DC with me earlier this week and I got a good reminder of why it's still my favorite.

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:25 AM
dakel
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · How many camera systems do you have?

Fuji X-Pro1 and 5 lenses
Canon 5D2 and 7 lenses
Sony RX100
Nikon V1 + 2 zooms

Looking to rationalize but haven't worked out how yet. Probably Sony A7II.

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:50 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · How many camera systems do you have?

Canon 1Ds2, 7D and 9 lenses (and an EOS3).
Canon AE-1 and 4 lenses.
Fuxi X-T1, X-E1 and 6 lenses.

I have considered moving to a Nikon D810 and a Sony A7 setup, but just can't be bothered to go through selling all the gear. Which kind of highlights that I really don't need to make a change.

Nov 21, 2014 at 07:09 AM
Vern Dewit
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · How many camera systems do you have?

- we're a bunch of gear heads aren't we?! Oh well. Someone's gotta keep the economy going...

I've owned almost every system there is (digital) and a few film systems too (Oly and Nikon). Right now I'm very bare bones (for me) and only have Sony cameras, an A7S with all the major FE lenses and a whole ton of alt including Contax G, Olympus OM and Leica M. I also have an RX100III.

But next week the whole picture could change.

Nov 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM
johnahill
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · How many camera systems do you have?

Canon FF and Aps-c with canon, zeiss and voigtlander lenses
Sony a7r with above lenses, I'm determined not to buy native glass and use what I have from ef mount.
Fuji x-mount with fuji and Zeiss lenses plus an x100 I can't seem to man up to selling

Nov 22, 2014 at 02:14 PM
Tobin28
• • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · How many camera systems do you have?

I use to have 3 different systems. I sold them all and bought a Leica M with 35mm lens and life is so much different for my street photography.

Edited on Nov 22, 2014 at 04:21 PM · View previous versions

Nov 22, 2014 at 03:43 PM
Jon Tainton
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · How many camera systems do you have?

Cameras - Canon 1Ds3, 5D2 and a sentimental 5D. Happy snapping camera is an XVario.

Lenses - Leica R, Canon and one Samyang

Nov 22, 2014 at 04:00 PM
Markus L
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · How many camera systems do you have?

Not too much for me. Sony A7r with 35mm f/2.8 and Canon EOS M with 22mm f/2 and the kit zoom. Planning on getting rid of the EOS m soon, and picking up a RX100iii for climbing. Will add a lens or 2 for the A7r, maybe upgrade to A9 if it looks good.

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:51 AM
J.D.
• • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · How many camera systems do you have?

Olympus OM System
O-MD and PEN cameras
Sony A7R (but it uses Olympus OM lenses)
Canon EOS (for sale)

Nov 23, 2014 at 01:56 AM
Mark K
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · How many camera systems do you have?

bvphotos wrote:
I recently came across a gentleman who claimed he had a cupboard full of lenses for various systems. Then a friend of mine has 8 cameras spread across 5 systems (including DSLRs, mirrorless & P&S). I have no idea how he juggles so many systems, cameras, lenses & adapters. But he seems to know exactly what lens goes with what camera, how their menus work, etc. I've just bought into the OM-D in addition to my Canon & Fuji, and I suspect I'll have a hard enough time with them, which is why I've shortlisted the lenses I want to
...Show more
Not sure if this is correct
Nikon FX
Canon EF, EFS
Sony Alpha, FE, E

Nov 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Werne1nm
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · How many camera systems do you have?

1. Sony a7 and one lens atm, rokkor 50mm 1.4

I can't afford multiple systems, just shuffling hobby money around to buy what I want.

Nov 23, 2014 at 02:58 PM
absolutic
• • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · How many camera systems do you have?

ok now that I've read these responses I am feeling better, at least I am not alone in this craziness. Feels like I am in AA group of Cameraholics Anonymous

http://brodsky.smugmug.com/Photography/Canon-7D/i-nXrjC6G/0/XL/IMG_1928-XL.jpg

Nov 24, 2014 at 02:40 PM
ZoneV
• • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · How many camera systems do you have?

For hobby I use Canon DSLR, three different cameras series.
But likely I buy additional a Sony Alpha 7.
I do have several film cameras, no bigger problem to know how to use these (Canon EOS and FD, Nikon, Contax/Yashica, Minolta, Rollei, Kiev, Plaubel,..).

I use and have used many different camera systems for work, see no big problems to know how which camera works. Only some shortcuts I have written down as a notice. These are cameras like four different highs speed cameras systems, several longe wave infrared (thermal) cameras, mid-wave infrared, short wave infrared, near infrared, visible, many machine vision cameras, different endoscope cameras.

Nov 27, 2014 at 02:14 AM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · How many camera systems do you have?

Interesting.

I gave up commercial shooting late last year; John Deere was my last big client here in Australia.

Now, I have a slew of Oly OM and Minolta primes, some of which I use on my use-for-video-only system, Panasonic. I use four µ4/3rds bodies for our online programs (Vimeo on Demand; a great platform):

2 x G6 (the most under-rated of the Panny bodies; I will be getting another; truly excellent for video and I would prefer to have just the one set of controls to set up when we shoot)
1 x GX7 (I can't pick any difference in the video colour palette)
1 x OMD-EM5 (the mini-steadycam in the group; but its palette is different, but we do colour correction on the output files, and that's a pretty simply last step).

I have the main Oly and Panny primes for these bodies, too; 14, 17, 20.

The only camera I use for stills is an X-100s, but mainly that's because I will have been on the road for five months by the time I get home. I really like the ergonomics and the feature set. Its video is useable, too.

I do want a FF camera (that's the main reason I have been getting the OM primes) but now find that I have to have a silent one, and I feel the A7s is too expensive for the feature set (compared to the A7(r) and the new A7II. I can wait.

If this body ever eventuates, I will probably ditch the X-100s (even though that leaf shutter + ND + built-in flash is SO handy). We'll see. Very interesting times for alt photographers, that's for sure.

Edited on Nov 27, 2014 at 05:23 AM · View previous versions

Nov 27, 2014 at 05:19 AM
Atlasman2
• • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · How many camera systems do you have?

absolutic wrote:
ok now that I've read these responses I am feeling better, at least I am not alone in this craziness. Feels like I am in AA group of Cameraholics Anonymous

http://brodsky.smugmug.com/Photography/Canon-7D/i-nXrjC6G/0/XL/IMG_1928-XL.jpg

You are!

It's a great time to be a "Cameraholic."

I have two Canon APS-C with a bunch of lenses—L glass and 3rd party.
I have Fuji S2 Pro with a bunch of Nikon glass—mostly AIS.
I have Sony A7, NEX-7, NEX-5R and one native lens and tons of legacy.
I have Olympus and Panasonic FT and m4/3 with some of the best native lenses available.

Most of my usage is with m4/3—personal and professional.

Nov 27, 2014 at 05:22 AM
Pedro Claro
• •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · How many camera systems do you have?

Right now, two: a Sony RX100 and an EOS system with just one camera (6D) and 7 lenses (3 Zeiss ZE, 1 Sigma Art, 2 Canon L and a borrowed 70-300 IS non-L). Probably I'll end up selling the Sony, as I was using it mostly to make small movies of my kids (now I can do it with the 6D), and concentrate on EOS, rearranging the lens line-up and, eventually, buying a Canon APS-C camera.

I've tried two mirrorless systems (Samsung NX and Sony NEX), buying small and cheap cameras, because I thought I'd need a smaller and lighter system. My idea was to have a couple native lenses for AF and fill the gaps with vintage manual lenses, but I couldn't learn to like them, so I gave up. As the funds are very limited and I don't want (and can't) continue to spend money on what is just an hobby, I'll probably set down on one system (EOS) with two subsystems (FF and APS-C).

Nov 27, 2014 at 07:48 AM
R.Young
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · How many camera systems do you have?

Sony RX1R, A7R with metabones EF adapter, but only two EF lenses, a 15mm fisheye and 24 1.4L II, and an EOS 3 to shoot them with film. Then a Hassleblad 500CM with two lenses, Hasselblad Xpan w/ 45mm, a Minolta XD11 with Rokkor 58 1.2 and Contax 137Q with 35mm 1.4 and 100mm 2.0. Way too many systems but only two are digital, the lenses all pretty much can work across A7R and EOS 3 with adapters, as well as their native cameras.

7 cameras and 7 lenses (excluding the RX1R's fixed lens), sounds pretty bad...

Nov 27, 2014 at 08:48 AM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.