• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Some great 7D2 images

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1330394

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1330378

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1330170

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1330068

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1330558

Not a great image because it is mine, but I would not have got this shot with the 7D:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1330513

Edited on Nov 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM · View previous versions

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Cicopo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Some great 7D2 images

Totally agree that they are great and I'm guessing there will be even more when the 3rd party RAW software providers catch up. From reading the different messages it's obvious many feel handy capped by the current work flow they have available.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM
MP79
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Some great 7D2 images

So much for that global softness nonsense, huh?

Not that it wasn't painfully obvious how silly all that whining and crying was given we were mostly dealing with too many example shots that were done at way too high an iso and/or at an inappropriate shutter speed, among other photographer-and not gear-related issues that made such examples not ideal for making any such pronouncements as those that were being made. And let us not even get into the Cannon supplied raw converter that was doing things at default settings that many were not even aware of due to their understandable lack of experience with said program. But hey, that's just my take on much of what has gone down. So we shall see who still wants to bring on the global softness comments anyways, I mean why not afterall?

Now these shots as linked above, which seem to be mostly free of those not so minor issues mentioned above, are pretty good-nice and sharp and all that (at least in my book). Funny how that works...

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:06 AM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Some great 7D2 images

Great images, Tony... thanks for posting those links.

There will be obvious limitations on IQ because, after all, this still IS a crop sensor... But, with proper technique, outstanding IQ can be attained.

Use very good glass and a high enough shutter speed to respect the sensor density. (It will likely exceed the 1/FL rule.) Good light will be helpful.

Let's see more great 7D2 images here!

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:20 AM
mikeengles
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Some great 7D2 images

Hello

Yes they are all awesome, the second one is the awesomest!
Happy Now
MDE

Nov 18, 2014 at 06:55 AM
Chris B.
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Some great 7D2 images

Thanks for those links, Tony! Good technique and critical sharpness all the way around...

Chris

Nov 18, 2014 at 07:20 AM
jjoejr
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Some great 7D2 images

Using a 10 thousand dollar lens and 500 dollar converter. Dayum right they should be good. And they are. Exceptional. It doesn't get any better. And that applies to the photographer too!

Nov 18, 2014 at 08:09 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Some great 7D2 images

Cicopo wrote:
Totally agree that they are great and I'm guessing there will be even more when the 3rd party RAW software providers catch up. From reading the different messages it's obvious many feel handy capped by the current work flow they have available.

Handy cap is an understatement for me. I have never used DPP and can say as a first time user that it's not all that user friendly for a first timer. One thing I could not figure out is once I choose an image to view, I could not just scroll to the next one without having to go back to the thumbnail - torture. In LR, I was able to figure this out instantly as it was intuitive.

Nov 18, 2014 at 09:04 AM
jjoejr
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Some great 7D2 images

Methodical, I've used nothing but DPP for last 8 years. Just me. I like it. In regards to scrolling to next photo. When edit page is up with thumbnails. Click on edit. Click on select all. Click on edit page window. It opens. Then wait and you will see previous image and next image arrows top middle to scroll through photos.

Nov 18, 2014 at 09:32 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Some great 7D2 images

jjoejr wrote:
Methodical, I've used nothing but DPP for last 8 years. Just me. I like it. In regards to scrolling to next photo. When edit page is up with thumbnails. Click on edit. Click on select all. Click on edit page window. It opens. Then wait and you will see previous image and next image arrows top middle to scroll through photos.

Thanks for the tutorial, but this is what I mean about DPP not being intuitive. Who would've thought to do all that just to be able to scroll through the images. In LR, you just click the right or left arrow and the next image appears.

Thanks again because I was going nuts trying to figure that out. I appreciate the help.

Al

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Thang
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Some great 7D2 images

Great photos all around....lol

Thanks "jjoejr" for that tip in DPP. That will speedup my processing time a bit more.

But I agreed with "methodical". Looking forward to next update of LR

Nov 18, 2014 at 05:10 PM
Phantom Medic
• • •
[X]
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Some great 7D2 images

This is so reminiscent of what happened when the 7D came out. Lots of folks never learned to use the poor thing and dedicated their existence to criticize it whenever they had a chance. The 7D2 will suffer a similar destiny from people who just don't have a clue on how to use it. Some will learn but a lot of them will just blame the equipment.

Nice to see folks who know how to use this nice camera.

Nov 18, 2014 at 05:19 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Some great 7D2 images

Thanks for the effort of collecting and sharing Tony

Nov 19, 2014 at 03:04 AM
aboulenein
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Some great 7D2 images

On the good news side, for those who have been waiting for an LR update, 5.7 is now available, and I've successfully imported my 7d2 RAW files into it. I haven't done anything beyond the import yet, though.

Nov 19, 2014 at 09:06 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Some great 7D2 images

IndyFab wrote:
Thanks for the effort of collecting and sharing Tony

Nov 19, 2014 at 09:39 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Some great 7D2 images

aboulenein wrote:
On the good news side, for those who have been waiting for an LR update, 5.7 is now available, and I've successfully imported my 7d2 RAW files into it. I haven't done anything beyond the import yet, though.

And ACR 8.7 is available for those just using Photoshop.

Nov 19, 2014 at 09:40 AM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Some great 7D2 images

Impossible! They're all fakes!

Nov 19, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Some great 7D2 images

Phantom Medic wrote:
This is so reminiscent of what happened when the 7D came out. Lots of folks never learned to use the poor thing and dedicated their existence to criticize it whenever they had a chance. The 7D2 will suffer a similar destiny from people who just don't have a clue on how to use it. Some will learn but a lot of them will just blame the equipment.

Nice to see folks who know how to use this nice camera.

I never had the 7D, but I saw some really nice images come from it.

Can I post a link to a gentleman with some nice 7D2 images, including a macro. Scroll through and see the wonderful BIF shots, too.

7D2 images

Nov 19, 2014 at 11:02 AM
John_T
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Some great 7D2 images

...talk about obligatory ducks, wow, good work.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Davis B.
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Some great 7D2 images

Outstanding captures folks. What a difference the ACR update made in the colors.

Nov 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.