New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Gab01992
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Hi everyone, I'm a recent grad student from a art school in photography. Recently I bought a sony a7r from a member in the forum and yesterday I put it to test it. I build all from scratch and stack 8 final images in PS to create it. I use elinchrom lighting and a nikon 70-200 f4 lens.

You can follow the process I documented in my blog. www.infiinitystudios.com/blog is writed in Spanish, I'm from Puerto Rico.

Hope you like it and don't hesitate to critic the image. Thanks!!

Nov 16, 2014 at 08:19 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Really nice product shot! Great job! The only nit I have is that I'd like to see some texture in the white foam. Great job!

Nov 16, 2014 at 08:27 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Samuel Adams Shoot

But you did post this in a People forum. So I'm not sure this is the right place for it.

Nov 16, 2014 at 08:28 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Thanks for the observation! I post it because in the subtl title says advertising photography so I'll appreciate if any moderator can let me know. Thanks!

Nov 16, 2014 at 08:29 PM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Samuel Adams Shoot

This shot is GREAT. You made me want one now!

Nov 19, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Haahahahaha I bought an six pack for this shoot and only used two, so you know what I did with the others hahaha. Thanks!!

Nov 19, 2014 at 05:54 PM
dhachey
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Samuel Adams Shoot

I feel thirsty. Nice shot.

Nov 20, 2014 at 07:03 AM
rickjphotography

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Professional shot.

Nov 20, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Thanks you people!

Nov 20, 2014 at 01:02 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Great shot and I am with ron, I would like to see more detail in the suds.

Nov 20, 2014 at 01:05 PM
mstenj
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Samuel Adams Shoot

One other very minor critique that I would make is that it appears the table wasn't exact
level, so the beer is at a very slight angle in the glass which I find a little distracting. I also,agree with the comment about the suds. I like your set and enjoyed your post about putting it together. Like the lighting approach as well.

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM
nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Gabriel,

Thank you so much for sharing.

First, the end result is so very impressive. While I agree with the detail in the foam comments, all things considered, it's a very minor matter.

What I want to thank you for and congratulate you on is sharing the behind the scenes attention to, experimentation with and finessing of every detail until it was either perfect or time ran out.

You should continue to document your work like that as time permits. Art directors that understand will respond to it - and for the many clients that don't understand, it will help exponentially in convincing them of the necessary budget and time required.

That said, your work is the mark of either a confident, seasoned, committed professional, or a ridiculously talented young person hungry for and destined for great things.

Both are inspirational and you are rare. The most difficult challenge you face is being aware of that without going through 10 of 15 years of witnessing the slackers that will surround you before you understand that you bring more to the table.

If you get a strong sense of your talent, tenacity and unique value early, you're going to kick some serious ass.

Best,

Chuck

Nov 22, 2014 at 08:49 PM
Gab01992
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Samuel Adams Shoot

Thank you very much guys! I wasn't able to reply early. I'm very glad by your comments. For the foam I verify the hi res file and it shows better quality and definition of the foam. I assume is the internet compression. After I public the picture here I fix some details as the arise ration the beer to make it look straight. Thanks again for pass and see the blog. I made it with all the mater for show how serious and dedicated I'm when doing my art. I hope art directos and ads agencies look at it. I'm working with other shot and I'll post as soon I begin. Thanks nolagay for those words. I'll be doing my best. Hope you liked and keep in touch for future posts!

Nov 22, 2014 at 10:16 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.