Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

IHapsias

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

Hello everyone, I've been having continous problems with my Canon 10-22 that has left as much as 1/3 to even 1/2 of my photo frame with a horridly bad blur. Almost a combination of motion blur and warping put into one.

I've attached 2 clear examples of my problem. These are occuring at 10mm.

I've sent the lens to canon twice now....telling them that I have the impression it is a frontal lens element that has come out of alignment...but its gone to no avail. Both times they told me it was a focusing problem and repairs were carried out on my lens. But the problem was not fixed, both times.

They asked for me to send in my body if the problem persisted but I couldn't afford to send it in at the time with fall colors about to reach their peak in the local area to me, along with the possibilities of other assortments of photography to be done. So I try to not use my 10-22 as much as possible and did not send the lens and camera in.

I'm intending to ship the camera, and lens both to Canon this upcoming week but wanted to get some opinions from those who are much more in the know on the depth of how the camera ticks and works perfectly.

I can't seem to upload any attachments of the problem...so I'm going to have to link them via flickr below. I don't see a
"browse" option allowing me to upload my pictures.

I'd appreciate tremendously to get this fiasco and (seemingly) never ending problem fixed once and for all.

Thank you,

Sincerely signed,

- Ian Hapsias

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghrailfan/15790084231/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pittsburghrailfan/15606793727/

Nov 15, 2014 at 01:00 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

Is the blurry area always in the same place, e.g., upper right? I owned a 70-200 4L that was blurry only on the left side. Happened after I ran a couple blocks with the lens mounted on a 10D. I took it to Canon Hawaii with sample images. The tech came out and explained it wasn't an alignment problem but an interior obstruction preventing correct focus. He fixed it and it was tack sharp again. I'm more careful about bouncing my gear around now...

Nov 15, 2014 at 03:15 AM
IHapsias

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

Yes, it is. Except in part it is not held to a specific spot on the frame. it is more or less anywhere and mostly at times taking up the entire right side, and other times it varies and can take up the entire right 3rd of the picture.

Nov 15, 2014 at 06:54 PM
JR Photo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

I also shoot with 60 D & 10 - 22 EFs. I love the combo. Too clarify it sounds as if you have only had the lens a short time. Is the 10 - 22 new under warranty? Did you buy this used and have had proble? Do you use other lens on this body with good results? Do you have someone that can put the 10 - 22 on there body?

I have found Canon to be very helpful. I have had the luxury of having several bodies? I hope that you find an easy inexpensive solution.

J. R.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:00 PM
ryoung

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

I had this exact problem with a 10-22 as well with a 60d and a 7d I used to own. The right side of my pictures would be tack sharp, and the left 1/3 of the picture would be noticeably soft. It just slowly started to do it over the course of 2-3 months before I started to notice it in my pictures. It would be soft even when on a tripod and stopped down to f9 or so. I sent it in to Canon, they claimed they "fixed" it as well, that the lens was out of alignment on the left side. However, it was still soft and I was never happy with it. Ended up losing a chunk of change on it, and just bought another one. New one did not have the issue.

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM
myron lee
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 10-22/EOS 60D problems??

Looks like you have a lens element off alignment. You need to send the lens to Canon to fix it. I had a similar issue with my 16-35mm. Now it is tack sharp .
Edit. I guess I should have read your entire write up. Ok, you have sent it to canon and it came back the same. Did you send them the photos with explanation? . I assume your other lens are fine, which rules out the camera. It has to be the lens.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:24 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.