New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Student - C&C

Elijah
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Student - C&C

I don’t usually post here but I decided to post a session I had with Pete yesterday. C&C’s welcome! I’d like to see what you guys think! :-)

Nov 13, 2014 at 09:00 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Student - C&C

Really good stuff! Be sure to number your pics to make it easier for us to comment on individual pics.

No. 1's awesome, wouldn't change anything on it. On No. 2, I wouldn't have shot this straight on. If you had shot a little camera left, you'd see the tracks disappear into the distance like you see in No. 1 and 3. No. 4, love this one, too, but I'd like to see more light in his eyes. Overall, just a great job. My nits are pretty small.

Nov 13, 2014 at 09:39 PM
S. Calvino

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Student - C&C

Great work. Love the mood. #4 is my personal favorite - beautiful scenery.

Nov 14, 2014 at 03:00 AM
gempixel
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Student - C&C

Great set! LIke #1 & 4 the most.

Nov 14, 2014 at 11:58 AM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Student - C&C

Lighten the eye sockets a bit in #4 and you've got a winner there.

Nov 14, 2014 at 02:37 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Student - C&C

friscoron wrote:
Really good stuff! Be sure to number your pics to make it easier for us to comment on individual pics.

No. 1's awesome, wouldn't change anything on it. On No. 2, I wouldn't have shot this straight on. If you had shot a little camera left, you'd see the tracks disappear into the distance like you see in No. 1 and 3. No. 4, love this one, too, but I'd like to see more light in his eyes. Overall, just a great job. My nits are pretty small.

Thanks! yeah, I noticed the eyes that after you mentioned it.

---------------------------------------------

S. Calvino wrote:
Great work. Love the mood. #4 is my personal favorite - beautiful scenery.

gempixel wrote:
Great set! LIke #1 & 4 the most.

elliotkramer wrote:
Lighten the eye sockets a bit in #4 and you've got a winner there.

Thanks guys.

Normally, my edits are not as dark as #4 but this particular one was a sunset so I wanted to keep a balance between the subject and the background.

Nov 14, 2014 at 02:56 PM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Student - C&C

Really love this set. I like what you are doing in most of the shots.

The last one, for example is a nice composition where he stands out so well against that background.

I also like the two railroad track shots. Blurred or not they are 'non typical' so they get good marks from me.

#1 I have to disagree the the talented friend of mine - friscorcon. In the first shot, a step to your right would have given you a solid 'rock face' background instead of the combination of bright and dark background you show here. I have to admit it's good, but the 'mixed' background is something I would change.

Nov 14, 2014 at 03:24 PM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Student - C&C

I like the whole set as a whole. Processing is very nice, colors are great, i'm honestly surprised you didn't get the "its too washed out not enough contrast" comment from Elliot lol. If he approves then you have a winner!

Nov 14, 2014 at 03:37 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Student - C&C

Jim Rickards wrote:
Really love this set. I like what you are doing in most of the shots.

The last one, for example is a nice composition where he stands out so well against that background.

I also like the two railroad track shots. Blurred or not they are 'non typical' so they get good marks from me.

#1 I have to disagree the the talented friend of mine - friscorcon. In the first shot, a step to your right would have given you a solid 'rock face' background instead of the combination of bright and dark background you show here. I have to admit
...Show more

Thanks, I’m glad there are a lot of you who like these. In your last paragraph, did you mean something like this? (shot below)

nextelbuddy wrote:
I like the whole set as a whole. Processing is very nice, colors are great, i'm honestly surprised you didn't get the "its too washed out not enough contrast" comment from Elliot lol. If he approves then you have a winner!

Thank you! hehe...

Nov 14, 2014 at 04:36 PM
went
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Student - C&C

The furrowed brow gives the impression that your model is a little intense, not quite relaxed & perhaps too focussed / aggressive. Your photo set appear on my 27" iMac a touch too soft and given your gear my guess is its something in your processing, may be the reason.
went

Nov 14, 2014 at 08:10 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Student - C&C

went wrote:
The furrowed brow gives the impression that your model is a little intense, not quite relaxed & perhaps too focussed / aggressive. Your photo set appear on my 27" iMac a touch too soft and given your gear my guess is its something in your processing, may be the reason.
went

Yeah, that's his signature look I guess
The reason why you might say it look "soft" is because these were shot at f/1.4 and I intended to get this look on purpose. I love shooting wide open!

Nov 15, 2014 at 09:52 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Student - C&C

Elijah wrote:
Thanks, I’m glad there are a lot of you who like these. In your last paragraph, did you mean something like this? (shot below)

Yes, that's the look I was talking about.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM
wellsjt
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Student - C&C

Great photos to be proud of. The only critique I have is I find the crop a little tight on the bottom of the frame on three of the shots. #1 cutoff "just below the belt". #3 and #4 at the knee joint.

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:55 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.