FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Weddings With No Family

ricardovaste
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Weddings With No Family

Have you done any/many of these? Did it change your perspective on your service and how you approached the photography, in part? What was different for you?

Just interested in some thoughts or experiences.

Thanks

Nov 13, 2014 at 09:29 AM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Weddings With No Family

never, so who is attending the wedding ?? Friends ?? How many and how long will it last ??

Nov 13, 2014 at 10:19 AM
Dan Grisez
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Weddings With No Family

Was it this couple?

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:48 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Weddings With No Family

My specific example isn't so important, I was more interested in the concept and how or if it altered what you did.

Who will attend? Well, their friends, not their family. Maybe their family has all passed away, or lives too far away to make it, or there was a huge family disagreement which means they won't attend. Whatever the situation, they is no family, just their friends.

Or a slightly different but still quite relevant scenario: only 1 family member attends.

It sounds like this is uncommon but if you have anything to share, do step forward.

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:58 PM
flash
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Weddings With No Family

I've shot more than. One wedding where there was only a few people on one side because one of the couple was from Europe or America. Makes the family formal pretty quick but the rest is the same.

Had a Swedish couple who eloped and there were NO guests. Just the couple and two photographers. We were the witnesses. Spent a nice couple of hours treating it like an engagement shoot and then we all went to the pub.

Gordon

Nov 13, 2014 at 03:05 PM
Depth of Feel
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Weddings With No Family

I've shot a wedding where the bride's aunt was the only one on her side to attend because of family BS. It just meant family pictures didn't take as long.

I've shot weddings with no family or friends. Its more like a bridal shoot that starts with a ceremony.

I've shot weddings where the siblings couldn't be photographed with the parents because of family BS.

I don't see why it would change my perspective really.

Nov 13, 2014 at 04:16 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Weddings With No Family

Depth of Feel wrote:
I've shot a wedding where the bride's aunt was the only one on her side to attend because of family BS. It just meant family pictures didn't take as long.

Its more like a bridal shoot that starts with a ceremony.

flash wrote:
I've shot more than. One wedding where there was only a few people on one side because one of the couple was from Europe or America. Makes the family formal pretty quick but the rest is the same.

Had a Swedish couple who eloped and there were NO guests. Just the couple and two photographers. We were the witnesses. Spent a nice couple of hours treating it like an engagement shoot and then we all went to the pub.

Thanks chaps.

Interesting. I can understand that approach, no family AND no friends = portrait session.

How about no family but a whole bunch of friends?

I ask as (a) no one would approach me for a 2 person wedding and (b) having little or no family does sometimes happen. I have one next year with only 1 family member. Most wedding photography is very family orientated so I guess that is why I was wondering if it changed people's perspective at all.

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:08 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.