New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Paso Robles CA questions

redgrom
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Paso Robles CA questions

Heading to Paso Robles CA next weekend for a quick wine trip and curious if anyone has any locations to try shooting a few photos. Really more of a weekend get away than a photo trip but always like to try and work on my landscapes. Quick google search didn't help much so thought id reach out here.
Thanks!

Nov 12, 2014 at 09:26 PM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Paso Robles CA questions

My wife's jealous...some of the best Cab in the country, enjoy!!

Nov 12, 2014 at 09:28 PM
platscha
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Paso Robles CA questions

your near hearst castle and the beach where the elephant seals are
there is an old house and barn that the owner let us shoot in, right when you first start up the hill to the coast and wineries on the left hand side. we just promised we would be very careful and he let shoot all over the place on his property

Nov 12, 2014 at 09:31 PM
redgrom
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Paso Robles CA questions

Thanks! I must admit I'm more of a beer guy but I am learning to enjoy wine! And am looking forward to learning a little more about Cabs

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:02 PM
redgrom
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Paso Robles CA questions

platscha wrote:
your near hearst castle and the beach where the elephant seals are
there is an old house and barn that the owner let us shoot in, right when you first start up the hill to the coast and wineries on the left hand side. we just promised we would be very careful and he let shoot all over the place on his property

Thanks! going to have to look into the barn, any more info?

Nov 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Paso Robles CA questions

Several pretty loops in the area.

Tour the San Andreas fault zone! This time of year will bring endlessly cascading golden-brown hills rolling into the distance. http://goo.gl/maps/DqUQp

Santa Rosa Creek Road is a lovely drive through dense oak forests. Worth the extra time if you're headed to the coast.
http://goo.gl/maps/N6M5O

The Cone Peak trailhead is only about 2 hours away. The hike will add a few more. Aim to arrive at the summit for sunset...
http://goo.gl/maps/IhMIr

Hwy 46 has some fantastic sunset viewing locations about 30 minutes west of town.

IMO, Hearst Castle is ostentatious but not really all that special.

If you get stuck, Yosemite Valley is only 3.5 hours away. The Mariposa Grove of giant redwoods is even closer.

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:57 AM
Mjollnir
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Paso Robles CA questions

Montana del Oro state beach. Trust me, google or Flickriver the name. You get stuff like this there:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/markfuzz/12445418815/in/faves-87368247@N00/

Also the southern Big Sur area, all the way to San Corpoforo Beach. That and Vineyard Drive going up to the Tablas Creek winery area just KILLS at sunrise. Oh, and the oaks along highway 46 can be amazing in the ground fog the area gets.

Nov 13, 2014 at 05:52 PM
fotobandi

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Paso Robles CA questions

I like Moonstone Beach in Cambria for some small headlands and Ragged Point--about 30 minutes north of San Simeon--for 500 foot cliffs above the surf.

Check out Linn's in Cambria for the best burger around. Hearst Ranch beef. Unless you are a vegetarian, then...."never mind". ;-)

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:47 PM
fotobandi

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Paso Robles CA questions

Mjollnir wrote:
Montana del Oro state beach. Trust me, google or Flickriver the name. You get stuff like this there:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/markfuzz/12445418815/in/faves-87368247@N00/

Also the southern Big Sur area, all the way to San Corpoforo Beach. That and Vineyard Drive going up to the Tablas Creek winery area just KILLS at sunrise. Oh, and the oaks along highway 46 can be amazing in the ground fog the area gets.

Fantastic pic of Montana De Oro. Been there a few times, but haven't seen this. Great!!

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:14 AM
redgrom
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Paso Robles CA questions

Thanks! Montana del oro looks like a good place to check on our way up. Definitely going to vineyard drive at sunrise if the wine doesn't get in the way!

Nov 14, 2014 at 07:06 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.