New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Raw Therapee & 7D2

Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Raw Therapee & 7D2

Anyone used it for opening 7D2 RAW files on a Mac?

http://rawtherapee.com/blog/rawtherapee-4.2-is-out

Nov 12, 2014 at 07:47 PM
mhp_sd
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Raw Therapee & 7D2

Yes. They will open. I struggled with the interface but didn't try for long. Looks very powerful.

Nov 12, 2014 at 11:08 PM
ppmax

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Raw Therapee & 7D2

I edited some 7d2 raw files in RT tonight on a Mac. Seems to work great.

Rt is great, but can be challenging to master. Sometimes it will drive you insane because th goal will be within reach but how to finally get there will not be clear...but if you keep pushing it will come.

There are a few folks on LL forums that know it well and can be very helpful if you can get them to engage. I had the misfortune to claim that RT was a nice project but not up to snuff with the likes of capture one...fortunately this led to a detailed discussion and help from one fellow that showed me the light

Pp

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:27 AM
MintMar
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Raw Therapee & 7D2

They also changed user interface more or less few times, so until I could, I kept 2.41 version which I knew well, because I had old cameras. Now with SL1, I had to go for the latest (4.something), so I am learning new ways of doing old things

Nov 13, 2014 at 06:28 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Raw Therapee & 7D2

One of best RAW converters, along with Photivo. If something doesnt work, simply convert to regular DNG (thats when DNG converter works ).

Im using it for years now.. (5 years at least). Even tho depending on camera, sometimes just to tweak TIFFs. Only thing that LR/ACR can do better is NR and getting back burned out highlights. And organizing files ofc.

Nov 13, 2014 at 06:36 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.