New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

EverLearning
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

Didn't have much luck on the General Gear forum, so I thought I would try my luck here.

As there are a million different bags out there (OK, slight exaggeration), I am hoping to get a few suggestions on a camera bag for a specific purpose.

I plan on buying the 7D Mark II and the Sigma 120-300 2.8 Sport, along with the Sigma 1.4x and 2x TCs. I will be looking for a bag for snowshoeing that lets me carry these items plus spare cards, an extra battery and maybe a power bar. It would be nice but not absolutely mandatory if the bag could have a monopod or tripod strapped to it. It would be nice but not mandatory if the bag could also hold my 17-55 2.8. It would be nice not take my full size bag snowshoeing. It would be a bonus if the bag allowed the lens to be mounted to the camera with the hood on and provided for quick access to it.

I'm not sure of the exact length of the combo as the sum of the parts will be longer than when all put together (due to the bayonet mounts). the body is 3.1", the lens is 11.46" and the 2x TC is 2" so about 16.6" total. Minus the mounts and it's perhaps 15.75"? Not sure how big the hood is and couldn't find anything providing that info. I would venture a guess of 4" - 5" so with hood on I would be looking for something 20" to 21" long; without hood about 16".

I look forward to your suggestions.

Nov 10, 2014 at 07:16 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

I have an Army surplus duffel bag. All your gear and your snowshoes will fit in it. You can have it cheap.

Tony

Nov 10, 2014 at 07:32 PM
EverLearning
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

That's very kind of you Tony. But it would be very hard to snowshoe with my snowshoes inside the bag! do you have a more practical suggestion?

I guess I shouldn't be asking a guy who lives in Parksville about bags for snowshoeing, heh. Beautiful all around you; lucky duck.

Nov 10, 2014 at 07:40 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

EverLearning wrote:
That's very kind of you Tony. But it would be very hard to snowshoe with my snowshoes inside the bag! do you have a more practical suggestion?

Your spare pair of snowshoes that you carry, silly boy.

I guess I shouldn't be asking a guy who lives in Parksville about bags for snowshoeing, heh. Beautiful all around you; lucky duck.

Yeah, I think there is a pair in the local museum. Hey, we are supposed to get 5 sunny days in a row, with temperatures dipping to -1 overnight.

Nov 10, 2014 at 07:53 PM
jcunwired
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

Look into Clik Elite. I have the Contrejour 35 that's been a great winter backpack. It ticks most of your boxes, not sure about those lens sizes though. It's not a small pack but very functional and comfortable.

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:10 PM
davinyc
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · bag for 7D Mark II and Sigma 120-300

I use the Tenba 300LL for my 300f/2.8 and 1D4 body attached There's room in the side pockets for the extenders and more. I'm sure the Sigma would fit this too.

Nov 11, 2014 at 06:56 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.