New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Nikon lost my D800E

tkhasawinah

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon lost my D800E

I sent my D800E to the LA Nikon service center be serviced for some problems with the outer auto-focus points. The tracking info confirms it was delivered on 10/31/14. They never contacted me regarding the camera. I've been calling everyday and they say "it's probably still being processed..give them another day". It's been 7 days now and today they say they are filling out a "finding form" to locate the camera and are waiting to hear back from their service center. I suspect they lost it, but they are just giving me the runaround. Anyone else with a similar problem? What will they do if they finally admit they lost it? Camera was insured for full value via USPS but I don't think that they would be liable as delivery was confirmed per their tracking system.

Nov 07, 2014 at 03:07 PM
harvey steeves
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon lost my D800E

if they admit they lost it, you will get a new body - usually.

Nov 07, 2014 at 03:08 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon lost my D800E

Nikon Service Center receives hundreds if not thousands items per day. All you need is to give them sometime and they will locate the camera.

Nov 07, 2014 at 06:35 PM
ahamp
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon lost my D800E

I have sent items to both LA and NY service centers. I have noticed the LA center is a lot slower in entering information to their system. Sometimes, by the time they were showing receipt, it was already on its way back to me.

Nov 07, 2014 at 07:00 PM
mco_970
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon lost my D800E

I have had the same experience as ahamp when my D600 was being repaired (twice). I got the notice that it's being fixed about the same time as I get the camera back. I would not worry much about it, since it has only been 7 days.

Nov 07, 2014 at 07:40 PM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Nikon lost my D800E

tkhasawinah wrote:
I sent my D800E to the LA Nikon service center be serviced for some problems with the outer auto-focus points. The tracking info confirms it was delivered on 10/31/14. They never contacted me regarding the camera. I've been calling everyday and they say "it's probably still being processed..give them another day". It's been 7 days now and today they say they are filling out a "finding form" to locate the camera and are waiting to hear back from their service center. I suspect they lost it, but they are just giving me the runaround. Anyone else with a similar problem?
...Show more

That's another good reason to request a loaner before shipping yours off. I'd go ahead and request a loaner now, as long as you don't mind paying for shipping.

Nov 07, 2014 at 09:27 PM
JHerr
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Nikon lost my D800E

They probably lost it due to impact damage.

Nov 07, 2014 at 09:29 PM
Charles Loy
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Nikon lost my D800E

I sent a lens with totally dead auto focus to LA for repair, but they returned it saying it needed no repair. I sent it to NY and they replaced the focus motor and focus encoder unit (stops the focus action at the correct focus).

Nov 07, 2014 at 09:55 PM
tkhasawinah

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Nikon lost my D800E

The loaner cameras r only for NPS members which I am not. As of yest afternoon, they fessed up that they have processed everything received as of November 3rd. (My camera was delivered 10/31 per tracking). They want 2 more business days to try to locate it.

Nov 08, 2014 at 09:06 PM
bs kite
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Nikon lost my D800E

Did not read the other posts, so maybe your worries are already over.

Try to control your emotions. I know that they will make it right for you. I have dealt with them on a pretty similar situation. Problems do happen and they are not as bad as some make them out to be.

If it is me…..I go up the line with Nikon. Tell them you want to speak with a supervisor and then if you do not get results tell them you want to speak with the person who supervises the supervisors. I did and I can assure you that you will get satisfaction faster this way.

As I said….they will make it right, don't worry about that. Do not get upset…..just go up the line. they will let you go up the line. It works.

Robert King
itsaboutnature.net

Nov 11, 2014 at 07:14 PM
Keith B.
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Nikon lost my D800E

Cross your fingers for a new D810...

Nov 12, 2014 at 04:07 AM
NikonGuyIsHere
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Nikon lost my D800E

Worse case they find your D800E and fix it

Best case you get a new D800E or D810

Nov 13, 2014 at 01:10 PM
tkhasawinah

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Nikon lost my D800E

UPDATE:

Looks like worse case scenario proposed by NikonGuyIsHere is happening. (Darnit! Was secretly praying for a brand spanking new D810.) Received "Nikon Service Acknowledgement" email from Nikon on Monday. Hopefully, they are able to fix the problem. Thanks for your input everyone. I'll let you know when I finally get it back if the problem is fixed.

Nov 13, 2014 at 06:42 PM
tkhasawinah

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Nikon lost my D800E

UPDATE 11/26/14:

Received my D800E yesterday after about a 4 week wait. It somehow ended up getting sent to their New York service center from LA. Besides the long wait, I'm very happy with their work. They adjusted the mirror angle and AF operation in addition to a thorough cleaning. AF problem fixed, sharp across all AF points.

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:52 AM
ahamp
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Nikon lost my D800E

Glad you finally got it back. From my personal experiences, I prefer the NY service center over CA anyway. Too bad the camera wasn't taking photos along the way during its vacation.

Nov 27, 2014 at 08:19 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.