New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Upgrade Advice - Compact vs D810 vs Glass

visionguru
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Upgrade Advice - Compact vs D810 vs Glass

Based on the info your provided, you don't have a lens that has VR, which can make a big difference for handheld shooting. I can comfortably shoot D600+24-120/f4 indoors, getting much better results than with 24-70/2.8. The ISO performance of D750/D600 probably gives you one stop advantage over D700.

If you sell D700, 35/2D and Tamron 17-35, get D810+16-35/f4, your net cost could be still about $3K. D750 is $1K cheaper and more compact. I think the control layout of D750 is better than D700, with the extra money, you can easily acquire a 35/1.8g.

Nov 08, 2014 at 03:18 PM
thedruid
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Upgrade Advice - Compact vs D810 vs Glass

I'd go handle the D750 before buying, lots of people who really like D700 style of body cannot deal with this tier, D600/D610. I use them as they fit my travel/city walking better, but there are features I miss, PC syc port, yeah an add on is there but my PW must be taped somewhere on the body.
I've tried nearly all the mirrorless but have yet to find a keeper, be aware for Fuji RAW processing you may need to buy another RAW converter, (read on the ALT forum about Fuji's sensor) which can slow or changes your workflow, XE bodies mark up easily.

As you already know I cannot tell you what you should do

Nov 09, 2014 at 11:30 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.