Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · How do you do your presentations? (Not in a studio)

ShotByTom
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do you do your presentations? (Not in a studio)

My partner and I are struggling with how to develop a professional method of presenting photos to our clients. We are mainly talking about portrait sessions. We do not have a studio, so most presentations are done at the clients home or occasionally in my home.

I would like to hear how others do their presentations.

Nov 06, 2014 at 09:15 PM
glort
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do you do your presentations? (Not in a studio)

For this type of work and related like weddings, I do slide shows.

I can show them on my laptop, run them on the clients TV with the HDMI cable I carry me or put a disk in their DVD player. I have also started carrying the shows on a USB given every TV accepts those now.

The shows I do are pretty high end, lots of transistions, Multiple layers and I pay a LOT of attention to the music I use because that sets the scene. Just like watching a movie with the sound turn down looses a huge amount of impact, the right sound on a slide show is a make or break deal.

The beauty of Sshows is it involves more senses, sight and sound which are the main ones people rely on. Pics are just visual. You can create so much mood and emotion with the sound and take people from smileing to crying in seconds where the same images alone would be virtually ho hum.

Along with the shows, you could also do printed materials. I do a lot of this for things like presentations for T&I and commercial workbids. I print most things on glossy photo paper which makes text look awesome, put lots of full size sample pics in, colourful but easy to read pricelists and put it all together in a clean white folder I buy for like .75c each from the office supply joint.

It's a heavy, very luxurious and over done looking presentation. People are impressed I print the text and priceing info on photo paper. Why not? Most of my packages cost around $3 to put together and the work they bring me is worth thousands. The presentations like like they cost a bomb to put together which creates the mindset for the client I'm serious and professional and can live up to what I promise.

Clients tell me how when they look at competitors info which may be a page or 2 on regular copy paper, mine stands out like the dogs proverbials no matter how big the pile of competitors material is.
Really? I never would have guessed!

Another thing I do is minimise the price factor. Sure it's there and near the front of the folder too because rather than the mindset of this is great but it's probably unrealisticly priced, I try to create the idea of wow, the guy ain't the cheapest but look at what you get!
Seems to work very well based on the presentations I make and the amount of bookings I pull out of them.

The thing is, My presentations make everyone elses look thrown together. I have also been told " We looked at your information and thought if this is what his sales pitch looks like, his photos and customer service must be pretty impressive.

The other thing I'd suggest is always have your marketing materials with you. I remember years ago I landed a major deal in the middle of a shopping center. A wedding client was with his boss and we ran into each other. The boss said something about needing some commercial pics done. I had my then information ( as lame as it was in comparison to what I do now) with me in my diary and gave it to him. He asked some questions, I looked in my book and told him when I was available and offered him some dates. Closed the deal then and there. Never showed him a single pic.

The guy later told me that the thing that impressed him most that I was able to do the business there and then and was prepared for it and didn't bat an eye lid. He told me that I had made an impact on him and he had told his sales staff about me and told them to be the same and always have their sales materials with them. He said he knew this but had forgotten it as had his staff.
I did a lot of work for that company for many years till they moved HQ to another state.

The thing with doing your marketing materials is you only really have to do them once but you can also change them if you need to. I do tens rather than hundreds of presentations to my clients so I like to print my own materials as I can tailor it as I need even on a job per job basis. Often just having the clients name mentioned in things makes a huge impression.

Hope this helps.

Nov 07, 2014 at 06:19 AM
Deezie
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do you do your presentations? (Not in a studio)

I do most of my presentations to film studios and tv networks with an iPad. Most of it is just going through the motions because the client has already seen my website, but sometimes I can show them something very recent that's not yet on my website.

I think what makes the most impact is coming in with a mood board (still on the iPad) which shows examples of lighting, textures, colors, contrast, and compositions. Most of this is scrap that I get on the internet that can be composed of film posters, corporate advertising, and photos of other cultures that might show anything from colors, architecture, streets, etc.

Nov 08, 2014 at 01:54 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.