New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Courtyard

bktools
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Courtyard

Mission San Antonio de Padua in California. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Bob

Nov 06, 2014 at 07:17 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Courtyard

Hi Bob!!
A wonderful composition and causing me "composition conflict"!
I think it is great the way it is. The crisp colors of the gras, clouds nd far roof contrasting against the brick pillars and against the terra cotta colored floor against the divided shadow/light white wall is great.
Now my personal conflict is the slanted roof area. Personally I would like to see more texture and detail of the wood. But that is not to say that it will make the image any better for me visually...just a personal conflict. Would it enhance the composition or not for me and others IMHO It won't detract from it.
A real fine image Bob!
Dan

Nov 07, 2014 at 05:21 PM
bktools
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Courtyard

Danpbphoto wrote:
Hi Bob!!
A wonderful composition and causing me "composition conflict"!
I think it is great the way it is. The crisp colors of the gras, clouds nd far roof contrasting against the brick pillars and against the terra cotta colored floor against the divided shadow/light white wall is great.
Now my personal conflict is the slanted roof area. Personally I would like to see more texture and detail of the wood. But that is not to say that it will make the image any better for me visually...just a personal conflict. Would it enhance the composition or not for me and others IMHO
...Show more

Many thanks, Dan, for your most welcome and kind comments, in detail, and critique. Glad you like the image, with personal reservations.

Bob

Nov 08, 2014 at 06:15 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Courtyard

bktools wrote:
Many thanks, Dan, for your most welcome and kind comments, in detail, and critique. Glad you like the image, with personal reservations.

Bob

Sorry for the poor spelling Bob!! My reservations were not of the negative sort at all Bob. All personal things I would have done or not done in my edit and please don't think them a reflection of what you might do. Your fine composition works for me as is. I was just adding some constructive comments that you might consider if you have a hankering to try a different style.
Each posted image is a reflection of the photographer's conception of a pleasurable image. My comments was just a tangental view to yours.
Your post are always simple elegant and full of pleasurable viewing!!
I await the next Bob!
Dan

Nov 08, 2014 at 07:47 PM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.