New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Cannot upload 7D2 photos into Lightroom

Andrew Kulin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cannot upload 7D2 photos into Lightroom

I am aware that RAW files from the 7D2 cannot be recognized by Lightroom until the next ACR update.

I shot 175 photos as RAW + Large JPEG and when I went to import these off the Card into Lightroom, it picked up that there were 175 RAW files (format unknown) but no JPEGS. I went a head with the import anyway to get the RAW files saved onto my drive, but in the end none were saved.

I then copied (via Windows Explorer) all 350 files (175X(RAW+JPEG)) onto my hard drive successfully and then attempted to synchronize the folder in Lightroom. Again it only saw the RAW files, unknown file type, and again in the end did not end up saving them/recognizing them in the database.

I really want to see the JPEG files for now in Lightroom, but it absolutely refuses to recognize their existence. I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Andrew Kulin

Nov 06, 2014 at 07:53 AM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cannot upload 7D2 photos into Lightroom

There is a setting you need to turn on so that Lightroom treats jpegs as separate images alongside RAW. I'm not at my laptop at the moment though, but a quick Google will sort you out

Nov 06, 2014 at 07:59 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cannot upload 7D2 photos into Lightroom

in explorer cut/paste ONLY the jpegs to another location and then import the jpegs . you can hold the RAW files in a folder until lightroom has been updated for the 7D2

Nov 06, 2014 at 01:01 PM
Andrew Kulin

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cannot upload 7D2 photos into Lightroom

jj_glos wrote:
There is a setting you need to turn on so that Lightroom treats jpegs as separate images alongside RAW. I'm not at my laptop at the moment though, but a quick Google will sort you out

Thanks - that solved the mystery (found in general preferences)

Andrew

Nov 06, 2014 at 05:59 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.