Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Bees and Wasps

jongatmosfera

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bees and Wasps

The lighting is harsh in the first three images because I used a thin diffuser. I used a thicker diffuser in the last image.

Nov 06, 2014 at 07:27 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bees and Wasps

The background is a bit intrusive in the first one but the others are excellent.

Harold

Nov 06, 2014 at 09:08 AM
Dalantech
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bees and Wasps

It's really good that you can critique you're own photos, because I think you're at a point where you need to work on your own compositional style =decide how you want your shots to "look and feel". Once you start doing that you'll have to be really good at picking your own images apart because you won't be able to compare what you're doing to what everyone else is doing -not because you're necessarily better than everyone else, but because you'll be so different.

I think it's funny how many people see macro photography as some sort of competition when the only person they should compete with is themselves <-- Probably a blog post in there somewhere

Nov 07, 2014 at 04:49 AM
peterski
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bees and Wasps

Excellent shot I believe. I agree though, further diffuse the lighting as well as toning down the colour saturation a tad and you're on a winner.
cheers,
peter

Nov 08, 2014 at 02:06 AM
jongatmosfera

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bees and Wasps

Thanks guys. I'm really having a hard time getting the right lighting when shooting subjects with shiny faces. I also have a long long way to go in post.

Here's a sleeping bee. I'm still not satisfied with the lighting. Also, the right mandible (from our point of view) doesn't seem very sharp.

Nov 08, 2014 at 09:14 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.