New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Accessory fit Fuji x100T vs. x100S

MaunaKea7007
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Accessory fit Fuji x100T vs. x100S

All,
I have an x100T on preorder at Amazon and expect it here in a couple of weeks at the most. Have wanted one of these since the x100 appeared.

Has anyone seen anything authoritative about which x100S add-ons will and will not fot?

I saw a reference to a small difference in the thickness (front-to-back, I guess) of the body, so I stopped myself from ordering an L-plate, which I do need. Ditto one of the aftermarket thumbrests that slips into the hot shoe, which makes sense to me for steady grip. A thumbrest might hide a button if there has been any change in the back-panel controls.

BTW, is a hinge on such a device really valuable? I saw one with a hinge to move the thumbrest away to the left.

I will buy an aftermarket see-though hood. I am used to these from Leica days.(M2). I have read of no differences in the 23mm front fittings. Anyone heard anything to confirm?

Any other accessory "gotchas" anyone?

jonathan7007

Nov 05, 2014 at 08:13 PM
CVickery
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Accessory fit Fuji x100T vs. x100S

I recommend you look at the Fujifilm MHG-X100 Hand Grip ... fits all the X100, X100s and the X100t. It comes with a plastic spacer to allow a good fit on the earlier models. It's very nicely made, well designed and I don't feel any need for a thumb-grip with this attached.

Nov 05, 2014 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.