Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

BostonGreg
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Hello folks,

Wondering if anyone knows whats size Giottos screen protector will fit the new 7D Mark II.

Specs say it's 3" Clear View II LCD - do you think this is the exact same size as the 5D Mark II and T5i.

If anyone here has their 7D II and has fit it with a screen protector-please share your findings.

Thanks so much!

Nov 03, 2014 at 09:38 PM
ox0312
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

I dont know about the above two camera but I have a Canon 7D with 3inch screen.

See the image and Canon 7D2 screen is slightly wider and 3 inch protector might not fit the new camera.

Nov 03, 2014 at 10:33 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

^^ Thanks! !

I wonder if a 3.2 in protector would fit? That seems most likely just eyeballing the image above. I suppose that you could measure in Photoshop.

Otherwise a Zagg or similar protector cut to fit might be a good start until a specific one is available.

I wonder how it compares to the 700 screen?

Nov 04, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

There is a Kenko one listed on eBay from Japan for $22. Last one and. Maybe risky.

Try a google search for Kenko LCD protector 7d mark II

Nov 04, 2014 at 12:27 AM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

try 70D

Nov 04, 2014 at 12:54 AM
BostonGreg
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Thank you ox for the photo-thats super helpful! Looks to me like the 7D Mark II screen is in fact the same size as the Canon 6D screen. That would be the Giotto's SP8301L.

If anybody can confirm or even better post a pic of your solution that would be awesome!

Here is the SP8301L although I am open to other brands. I'm actually a big fan of the GGS and LARMOR.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/541908-REG/Giottos_SP8301L_AEGIS_Pro_LCD_Screen.html/mode/edu

Nov 04, 2014 at 11:27 PM
msalvetti
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Do we really need screen protectors anymore? I've never used one, and in 10 years I don't think I have ever scratched or scuffed the rear screen. I don't baby my cameras, but that rear screen is pretty rugged.

Now the top screen is a different story. One way or another it seems like I manage to ding that one. But it is also cheap and easy to replace.

Mark

Nov 05, 2014 at 08:47 AM
lesaus
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

BostonGreg wrote:
Hello folks,

Wondering if anyone knows whats size Giottos screen protector will fit the new 7D Mark II.

Specs say it's 3" Clear View II LCD - do you think this is the exact same size as the 5D Mark II and T5i.

If anyone here has their 7D II and has fit it with a screen protector-please share your findings.

Thanks so much!

When I bought my 7D, there was no Giottos available that was specifically made for it. So, I just measured the LCD to the nearest millimeter and found one that was 1mm larger in both directions and fit just fine.

Nov 05, 2014 at 09:52 AM
singincanary

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Any more info on this?

Mar 31, 2015 at 08:52 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

eBay is full of them.

Mar 31, 2015 at 09:07 PM
rachelsdad
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

I use the one for the 6d, fits perfect.

Mar 31, 2015 at 10:50 PM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Do they actually do anything, apart from deplete your hard earned cash? I've never used one and never missed it. Perhaps this is one of those questions like whether to use a clear/UV filter that divides photographers?

Apr 01, 2015 at 04:15 PM
David Garcia
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

I used a spare lcd cover I had for the 60D. It fits perfectly. It came with a silicone body cover I purchased and later sold. They both have the same size screen.

Apr 01, 2015 at 10:50 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Robin Smith wrote:
Do they actually do anything, apart from deplete your hard earned cash?

Of course they do - they prevent your LCD's from being scratched and are easily and cheaply replaced.

Do you enjoy viewing or using a scratched LCD? I don't. Can you easily afford to replace a gouged LCD? I can't.

Again horses for courses. If you are a careful studio, portrait or landscape photog who only takes camera from bag/case to tripod head and back again then you may not need them.

Apr 01, 2015 at 10:58 PM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

I will join the "never used one and never needed to" camp.

I am out in the field 7 days per week (destination wedding shooter). Been shooting since '81 (long before LCDs, of course) and have never scratched one.

I don't baby my gear either.

Your money, do what you want, but not worth the $$$ IMO

greg

Apr 01, 2015 at 11:58 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Paul Mo wrote:
Do you enjoy viewing or using a scratched LCD? I don't. Can you easily afford to replace a gouged LCD? I can't.

Again horses for courses. If you are a careful studio, portrait or landscape photog who only takes camera from bag/case to tripod head and back again then you may not need them.

I don't know if the 1D series screen is a tougher material then other bodies but I've never used a protector on my 1D2/1D4/1DX in over a decade of shooting sports and equestrian. Never had a scratched LCD and I'm certainly not overly careful. I've gone through 3 UV filters on my 70-200.

Apr 02, 2015 at 02:18 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

ggreene wrote:
Never had a scratched LCD and I'm certainly not overly careful. I've gone through 3 UV filters on my 70-200.

I think it's a matter of luck. Could happen tomorrow, may never happen. But for $4.50 how can you go wrong?

Apr 02, 2015 at 02:29 AM
Mike Veltri
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Hi All,

Here is a great screen protector, better than any product I have used before and I have tried the best out there, and they are priced right.

The product comes from England and was shipped to me by mail in less than a week. They are crystal clear and I have used the product on my 1Dx and they look like the day I put them on.

Some screen protectors seem to smudge easily from the oil on your nose or from your breath in the winter. This product cleans easily even with a glove in the winter and I have yet to scratch it or want to replace it in the two years of use.

The company is called Expert Shield and here is a link to the 7DII screen protector.

http://www.expertshield.com/canon-7d-mkii-expert-shield.html

Cheers,
Mike Veltri

Apr 02, 2015 at 02:55 AM
eddieb
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

Mike Veltri wrote:
Hi All,

Here is a great screen protector, better than any product I have used before and I have tried the best out there, and they are priced right.

The product comes from England and was shipped to me by mail in less than a week. They are crystal clear and I have used the product on my 1Dx and they look like the day I put them on.

Some screen protectors seem to smudge easily from the oil on your nose or from your breath in the winter. This product cleans easily even with a glove in the winter and
...Show more

Another vote for Expert Shield. Another price you forgot to mention is they don't have air bubbles underneath after install, and can be removed, washed, and reinstalled, if necessary. I've tried several different protectors, and these are the best.

Apr 02, 2015 at 07:56 AM
Robin Smith
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Screen Protector size for Canon 7D Mark II?

I don't baby my gear either.

Same here - never had a scratch on either the 6D or the 5DII. It really does look like it is the UV filter use question. I am not a careful studio landscape etc photographer.

Apr 02, 2015 at 09:21 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.