Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · New Photography Website Platforms

tonyhart
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · New Photography Website Platforms

Interesting stuff and thanks for the link, but I'm not ready to rebuild just yet!

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:03 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · New Photography Website Platforms

Prophoto Proofing has been in beta for months so I'm pretty sure Tony already knew of that as an option. And he has built his site now regardless!

If the homepage hot link still bothers you, I'm sure you could get some 'code head' to turn that feature off. I'm sure it's pretty easy. I think it's a very minor point in honesty, but it does leave some ambiguity as to how you *want* the viewer to navigate the site.

As you know, I didn't even notice the homepage images was clickable anyway.

All good!

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:07 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · New Photography Website Platforms

Thanks for the info mate.

The situation with the sample weddings is partly due to the limitations of the Photoshelter template. I'd prefer to turn off the splash image hotlink or alternatively just have it go direct into the gallery in slideshow mode but frustratingly there is no way to do that yet. I don't particularly want to have 'sample weddings' but having them under there is a way of making the page that sits between the homepage and the portfolio gallery seem to have a point.

If the hotlink took you simply to a page that had a further link in to the 'Portfolio', that'd seem rather redundant in my view. It's not a perfect resolution, but it's partly a limitation of the template.

Thanks for the point about the glitch, will go look into that. I'm on a Mac, using Safari and haven't noticed anything like that. Can you give me some more info:

- OS
- Safari version
- Screen size

Cheers!

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:10 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · New Photography Website Platforms

ricardovaste wrote:
As you know, I didn't even notice the homepage images was clickable anyway.

All good!

Most people wont either but as of now it is the only way (unless I missed it) to access the gallery page. Then once you are looking through the photos in a gallery there is no way to get back to a different gallery without either returning to the home page or hitting the browser back button.

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:13 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · New Photography Website Platforms

tonyhart wrote:

- OS
- Safari version
- Screen size

Cheers!

OS 10.10.1
Safari: 8.02. (10600.2.5)
Screen Size: 26"

That only happens when I first enter the gallery, as soon as I begin scrolling, resize the browser page or if I click on an image then that goes away.

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:17 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · New Photography Website Platforms

The thing is, I don't really want to show the gallery page. I'd prefer clients to make decisions based on the portfolio initially and then they can view full weddings at a consultation.

I'm thinking of approaching Photoshelter at some point and asking them if they're interested in creating a modified custom version of this template for me at some stage. Photoshelter is great in many ways but it is hugely limited in terms of customization. Windows users who whinge about the limited customization in OS X would have a fricking stroke!

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:17 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · New Photography Website Platforms

tonyhart wrote:
The thing is, I don't really want to show the gallery page. I'd prefer clients to make decisions based on the portfolio initially and then they can view full weddings at a consultation.

I understand, it's just once you get inside a gallery there is no easy way to get back to the start of the gallery page.

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:20 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · New Photography Website Platforms

MRomine wrote:
OS 10.10.1
Safari: 8.02. (10600.2.5)
Screen Size: 26"

That only happens when I first enter the gallery, as soon as I begin scrolling, resize the browser page or if I click on an image then that goes away.

Thanks for clarifying Mark. I'm on pretty much the same setup (10.10.2) and (8.0.3) but I was using the system you're on earlier in development and haven't been able to replicate it. Hopefully it's not too widespread. Cheers for pointing it out thought.

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:24 PM
tonyhart
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · New Photography Website Platforms

Bizarre. Can't replicate it at all unfortunately, even using that gallery.

Feb 02, 2015 at 12:59 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.