New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Windows7 and IE11-No More Word Wrap or Script Highlighting

Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Windows7 and IE11-No More Word Wrap or Script Highlighting

Within the last few months when I reply,post..whatever in the message box, my text no longer word wraps(on FM only it appears). Neither does "text highlighting" work. I get a "script error box" telling me to manually enter the text to highlight the OK but that doesn't work either!!!!!! Sometimes it adds the highlighted text at the end of the message but that is no good.

I searched and I see all sorts of "software coding" explanation but geez, I don't know what or where they are referring!!
Can some one talk plain English to me to maybe fix the word wrap at least Walk me through the fix?

Also when I try to enter an "emoticon" it places it at the very end of the message, not where my cursor is.
Thanks!
Dan
Yes I PM'd Fred but never a response back.

Nov 01, 2014 at 01:15 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Windows7 and IE11-No More Word Wrap or Script Highlighting

I noticed when I'd updated several months ago that with IE 11 the word wrap no longer works.

I jump out and use Firefox and it wraps correctly.

A small pain, but it's my workaround.

Nov 01, 2014 at 06:08 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Windows7 and IE11-No More Word Wrap or Script Highlighting

Yeah Craig, IE and unfortunately XP are causing me major headaches nowadays! My 1 XP machine is in constant error mode stating, "browser no longer supported", upgrade to Chrome/FF, programs won't run unless I upgrade....
But the word wrap problem is on my Win7, IE11 machines only. Go figure...I will try FF. Seems many program vendors use it, Norton, Adobe...to test when I have problems/issues..so thanks Craig..
All the "searches" I do point to language code modifications abut don't give you step-by-step procedures on how to do it. And I am not going into config language and start changing, aka "guessing" what goes where.
Thanks for your input!!
But my 1 XP machine works the word wraps fine and highlights Freds text ok but just won't run many programs anymore. It does have much room/memory for upgrade to Win7,8 but I love Outlook Express versus Outlook or gmail or other mail programs.
Dan

Nov 02, 2014 at 01:47 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Windows7 and IE11-No More Word Wrap or Script Highlighting

ckcarr wrote:
I noticed when I'd updated several months ago that with IE 11 the word wrap no longer works.

I jump out and use Firefox and it wraps correctly.

A small pain, but it's my workaround.

I also made the move Craig but the word highlight is still asking for the text that is to be highlighted...No biggeee!
IE I think has lived its life. I am forever having problems with it and it is becoming VERY intrusive.
Dan

Nov 07, 2014 at 06:15 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.