New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Emilia

musingclouds
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Emilia

Shot with the Fuji XE-2, 35mm 1.4 at f/2

Originally uploaded to the Fujifilm X-Mount thread in the Alt Forum. More of my work is here: www.flickr.com/theleestudio

I was surprised there was a nice bench just sitting outside someone's house in San Francisco, so we just went with it. With some nice lighting, I figured I should give it a try. My only regret is not taking more photos! Been still refining my post processing technique from various thoughts and ideas of other FMers.

C&C welcome!

Cheers,

Jason

All of the lights

Oct 31, 2014 at 08:26 PM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Emilia

Highlights are blown, exposure is off. Detail lost in the dark and light areas. No dynamic range. Shadows are harsh. Expression is meh. Eyes are not wide open. I don't really like the crop below the knees. Pretty model and nice location. Many of the problems are post processing problems.

Oct 31, 2014 at 08:57 PM
musingclouds
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Emilia

Thanks for your feedback Elliot!

Oct 31, 2014 at 09:10 PM
elliotkramer
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Emilia

I looked at your other work, and now I remember that you like some unusual processing styles. If that's what you like and that's your style, go with it. I like a lot of the stuff on your flickr site.

Nov 01, 2014 at 05:59 PM
musingclouds
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Emilia

Thanks Elliot, I guess its a style I'm slowly working towards. I'm trying to refine it so it doesn't look gimmick-y, but it just takes more practice I suppose.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I will continue to work harder!

Nov 02, 2014 at 10:07 PM
ShaneMD
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Emilia

it sounds like Elliot has too many rules.

I like the photo. Your post processing, type of shot, whatever. It's you, on your way to being what you envision.

Nov 02, 2014 at 11:29 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.