New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Diopter eyepiece

Jason_Brook
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Diopter eyepiece

I have my diopter maxed out on the (-) side of the adjustment. Unfortunately this "zooms" everything in the viewfinder and really makes it a pain to see the meter sometimes (D4 meter's on the side, vertical). Will a corrective diopter eyepiece, such as DK17c-3 fix this issue? As in "move" the info back away from me so it's not obscured?

Oct 31, 2014 at 06:03 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Diopter eyepiece

the diopter in camera is supposed to be set so you can read the scales and such. it shouldn't zoom and interfere with seeing anything, just clear the inner view. do you wear glasses?

Oct 31, 2014 at 06:42 AM
Jason_Brook
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Diopter eyepiece

sjms wrote:
the diopter in camera is supposed to be set so you can read the scales and such. it shouldn't zoom and interfere with seeing anything, just clear the inner view. do you wear glasses?

Nope, no glasses.

I never thought it moved either, until I moved the diopter all the way in the (+) direction. It was obviously moving away from me.

I read in a few reviews on B&H about the negative diopter eyepieces that they'll achieve exactly what I'm asking about, but I just wanted to confirm here.

Oct 31, 2014 at 07:11 AM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Diopter eyepiece

I have mine pretty much maxed out on all my cams. I have no problem reading the scales on any camera from N80 through D800 and D7100. Something is wrong if it is obscuring part of the settings bbar. Contact Nikon if it is still under warranty. If not, I would live with it. But I'm cheap.

Nov 01, 2014 at 10:18 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.