FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · three from glacier

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · three from glacier

lylejk wrote:
OK; a secret. Wednesday, I received a free offer for Photomatrix Essentials. I still did 3 different passes and masking for this result (similar for the b/w result) with some G'MIC enhancements. Pretty impressed with PE's ability to enhance without adding noise.

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/8567/d11Qwd.jpg

How is it for halo free sky's? I have been using Nik HDR pro and it makes a hash of sky's. I usually need to apply a sky from a single image after running it.

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:21 AM
pinn8
• •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · three from glacier

I like 2 the best, I like the light and fog in the canyon, and I think it draws the viewer in. Adding the top of the mountain on the left takes away from this feeling for me.

I'm going back to glacier next summer, and your pictures are really helping me get excited.

Nov 20, 2014 at 09:44 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · three from glacier

Thanks pinn8. Glad you like it! And, very glad they're helping you get excited for going back! It's a wonderful place!

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:13 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · three from glacier

Late to the party ...

Diggin the contrast in the first one. Also, the alternate comp on the second one.

Nov 21, 2014 at 01:47 PM
FarmerJohn
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · three from glacier

Thanks Kent - those two are my favorites too

Nov 21, 2014 at 04:13 PM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · three from glacier

ben egbert wrote:
How is it for halo free sky's? I have been using Nik HDR pro and it makes a hash of sky's. I usually need to apply a sky from a single image after running it.

It can give you halos (hence addressed that through layer masking and alternative enhancements) Ben. Still, if you tweak it right, it can almost be eliminated. Phtomatrix is pretty good for what it is. I don't have multiple images with exposures, but I suspect the results would be even better if you have multiple bracketed exposures.

Nov 21, 2014 at 04:29 PM
Mchu86
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · three from glacier

Definitely loving the new edit of #2!

Nov 27, 2014 at 09:03 PM
       end

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.