Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sandisk 95mb/s SD - card reader conflicts usb2/3?

form
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sandisk 95mb/s SD - card reader conflicts usb2/3?

I bought two identical Sandisk SD 32gb cards for the D750, but they behave differently in my main card reader (Kingston usb3). One of them copies at USB3 speeds, but the other copies at only USB2 speeds and takes 5-15 seconds to be recognized as connected. However, the one that runs at USB2 speeds on that card reader runs at USB3 speeds with another card reader.

I've never had this happen before, and I'm worried that it's a sign of impending failure or a defect. Why would two identical cards behave differently in the same reader, while the one behaving badly in one reader behaves fine in another reader?

Anyone have this happen before?

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Inku Yo
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sandisk 95mb/s SD - card reader conflicts usb2/3?

Bad card reader? Is there a firmware update for that reader?

Oct 30, 2014 at 09:52 AM
deepbluejh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sandisk 95mb/s SD - card reader conflicts usb2/3?

I've had that exact same card reader go bad on me before. Cards would transfer at high speed until the last 5 images or so (card 99% done), then it would just freeze. Kingston sent me a new reader and it has been great ever since.

Bottom line, you might have a bad reader and it might be worth your time to RMA it.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:39 AM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sandisk 95mb/s SD - card reader conflicts usb2/3?

Like anything, test, work out which is the weakest link. Try a new card reader - I use a transcend 3.0 reader, as well as a spare, and the built in reader.

I have the same card as you (Extreme) but can't say I've noticed any issues.

If you suspect something is up with the card or reader or port, time to snuff it out before it creates a real problem.

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:50 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.