New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Gift to God

Vataga
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gift to God

I'm really a big fan of street photography and street portraiture. And I was thinking about starting something like the 100 strangers project for some time. And FM user Bob with his Deinfaces and great stories finally inspired me for this.

So the 1st stranger in this list.

Gift to God

I met him on the embankment near the city center. He was sitting on the bench and smoking his rolled cigarette. When he saw me, he asked what time is it as if he had some business to do.

I asked if I could take his picture, and he gladly agreed saying he just needs to take his hat off because he looks better without it.

After I took the shot he asked me to send a photo to Kazakhstan. Just to Kazakhstan, without the exact address - local people will understand what to do with this photo coz everybody knows him.

We talked some more, and then I wished him good luck and goodbye. But he replied to me that luck is needed for young people when he is old and homeless.

"I will die soon and no one will be saddened by this. I will be just an another gift to God..." (c)

Oct 29, 2014 at 05:16 AM
Jammyn
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gift to God

Nice photo and pretty sad

Oct 29, 2014 at 06:53 AM
Wayne Willison
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gift to God

I think your 100 Strangers Venture is a worthwhile one. You will gain a ton of interesting perspectives through it. Like this man; in another circumstance I could see him as perhaps a successful executive as his demeanor speaks of intelligence. Yet he sits homeless and with little prospects.

But I would have asked him to expound on the phrase, “another gift to God.” I would have asked because I’d want to know what he seems to know.

Good project.

Wayne

Oct 31, 2014 at 08:10 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.