Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

Josh Jones
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I ran a poll like this last year, so it will be interesting to compare the results and see how many brides are booking people early compared to last year.

Simple Question - How many 2015 weddings (signed contract + retainer) do you have booked?

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:25 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I have 11 so far, which is a little more than normal for this time of year. Our couples usually book 3-9 months out but this year I've had people book over a year out.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:28 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:32 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

DannyBostwick wrote:
I'm in much better shape than I was a year ago.

From Dec 2013:

DannyBostwick wrote:
23 I think. A little behind, but I've gotten 3 inquiries since saturday and I have a bridal show on Saturday that should be a really good event.

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

11 here as well. Meeting with a bride tonight so hope to make it 12. That's more than my usual # of bookings for this time of year so I'm happy. I do not want more than 20 weddings in a year.

Oct 28, 2014 at 01:15 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I'm currently at 14, unless you count Jan 2015, in which case it would be 17 (i don't because i am paid in the 2014 calendar year for it).

My goal is around 30-ish. 25 minimum.

Oct 28, 2014 at 01:22 PM
carriedaway
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

Only 1, but I've found that brides around here wait until last minute to book. Hopefully things pick up after the holidays. This was only my first year trying to book weddings, so next year I'm aiming for 10 (plus second shooting jobs).

Oct 28, 2014 at 01:47 PM
SGallant
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

Currently have 20 which was my original year end goal and double what I went into 14 with. Now I am raising that to 25.

Oct 28, 2014 at 01:48 PM
DannyBostwick
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

ricardovaste wrote:
From Dec 2013:

Ha, awesome. So, fun story, I ended up with 30 this year, which was a good number and that bridal show was a bust. I'm at 25 right now 2 months ahead of the last post I believe. So, all is well. I'd like to end up around the same number. So, we're on track.

Oct 28, 2014 at 01:48 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

dhp_sf wrote (in Dec 2013):
21. I'll probably limit myself to 25 max.

dhp_sf wrote:
I'm currently at 14, unless you count Jan 2015, in which case it would be 17 (i don't because i am paid in the 2014 calendar year for it).

My goal is around 30-ish. 25 minimum.

Much change for you? Or just a tweaked things?

Oct 28, 2014 at 02:06 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I have not decided what our target number is for this year. We have shot 35ish for the past 3 years, but I think we might try to keep it closer to 25 this year. We are just worn down.

Oct 28, 2014 at 02:07 PM
morby
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I'm at 31, with a goal of around 40. 12 of those are in the early off season, so it's allowing me to take off 2 weeks in June, 1 week in September and 2 weeks in October.

Long term I hope to scale back on how much I shoot and expand my business in other ways. I have an associate now, and he's already booked 4 weddings, and my photo booth company has 70 events booked for this year. My hope is that those incomes can reduce the need for me to shoot 40 weddings a year.

Oct 28, 2014 at 02:33 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

ricardovaste wrote:
Much change for you? Or just a tweaked things?

I ended up with around 40 weddings this year (far over my intended max) and I still feel pretty good as the season is winding down and have figured out ways to be more efficient through super busy times. So I figure I can take on more than I initially wanted to, but a little bit less than what I've been doing this year.

My pricing has gone up fairly steadily through out the year and in the end is a deal higher than where I was last year this time. That is probably stalling my inquiries a little bit, though I will say I ended up booking about 10 of those 21 between late October and Early November of last year with the remainder coming in heavy early 2014 and trickling in throughout this year.

Oct 28, 2014 at 02:48 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

The number of weddings doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things without pricing. Two weddings @ $500.00 each is the same as 1 @ $1,000.00.

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:02 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

MRomine wrote:
The number of weddings doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things without pricing. Two weddings @ $500.00 each is the same as 1 @ $1,000.00.

I've mentioned that before on similar threads, and about how any comparison across a worldwide forum , different businesses, different lives, different goals etc is pretty meaningless. But it didn't go down too week IIRC .

If people share much more info by posting too, it can present some reading... But take it with a pinch of salt. It shouldn't influence how anyone operates etc.

@Duy, I think the comparison can be interesting too, but for the life of me I cannot find the original poll Josh started, only some other poll...

Edited on Oct 28, 2014 at 03:47 PM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:31 PM
dhp_sf
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

I think it's interesting if you compare it with past threads like Ricardo is doing...providing a snapshot of people who are sharing consistently each year--I didn't even remember what I wrote last year until Ricardo quoted it. Funny that my intended maximum from last year is now my minimum for the coming year

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:40 PM
ricardovaste
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

morby wrote I'm Dec 2013:
35 booked with a few more potentials.

We just recently decided to take whatever comes our way for 2014 (except Sundays). We had some boundaries in place and were turning down open dates, but now we want to move at the end of the year and save up for a down payment. We shall see how that goes! I may go into 2015 half dead.

I hope you're not about to die!

morby wrote:
I'm at 31, with a goal of around 40. 12 of those are in the early off season, so it's allowing me to take off 2 weeks in June, 1 week in September and 2 weeks in October.

Long term I hope to scale back on how much I shoot and expand my business in other ways. I have an associate now, and he's already booked 4 weddings, and my photo booth company has 70 events booked for this year. My hope is that those incomes can reduce the need for me to shoot 40 weddings a year.

Did you make the move in the end too?

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:45 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

ricardovaste wrote:
I've mentioned that before on similar threads, and about how any comparison across a worldwide forum , different businesses, different lives, different goals etc is pretty meaningless. But it didn't go down too week IIRC .

If people share much more info by posting too, it can present some reading... But take it with a pinch of salt. It shouldn't influence how anyone operates etc.

Good point. As I mentioned, I only want to shoot 20 weddings as I'm semi-retired. I have enough corporate work to keep me busy on my non-wedding days. I don't need to make as much money as I use to when my kids were growing up and I had a mortgage and college expenses to pay. Besides, I'd rather spend more time playing that working.

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:57 PM
g-money
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

Well a bit embarrassed to throw out this number but I am at 5 right now. I have my last one of 2014 this weekend unless a last minute one comes in and I will have done 19 this year. That is my best year yet and really being I work a full time job, kids, throw in a few family & senior shoots and I am not sure I want would want many more.

That said I was hoping to have a few more in the books by now, but inquires have dried up this past month. Only one email and never a peep back.

Oct 28, 2014 at 04:17 PM
Bartlett Pair
• •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · How many 2015 weddings do you have booked?

Currently @ 20...I think we had a little more than half that this time last year.

Planning on capping at 25 total, and we've added some rules so that we can still enjoy summer etc

Oct 28, 2014 at 05:31 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.