Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

Visited Southern West Virginia last weekend for its fall colors!

So many waterfalls, creeks, fogs and beautiful New River Gorge. Just endless photo opportunities there.

Mill Creek Falls, a short distance below Ansted, West Virginia, not far from Hawks Nest State Park.

While shooting the waterfalls, I was playing around the water foams with all kinds of color reflected from the water bubbles.

Enjoy!

Mill Creek Falls - straightened per Dave

100% cropped from the above image.

Edited on Oct 30, 2014 at 04:46 AM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2014 at 08:42 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

Hi, Kee. I like the waterfall shot, though it looks like it is tilted a bit to the right. You might have gone and removed that branch at the edge of the foam, or clone it out. The shutter speed and tonality of the falls is perfect.

The foam shots don't do as much more me. The first one has some promise, with the colors, but it doesn't quite come together as a cohesive image. The heavy noise/grain is distracting (to me anyway!) as well.

Hope to see some more from WV.

Dave

Oct 28, 2014 at 08:00 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

dsjtecserv wrote:
Hi, Kee. I like the waterfall shot, though it looks like it is tilted a bit to the right. You might have gone and removed that branch at the edge of the foam, or clone it out. The shutter speed and tonality of the falls is perfect.

The foam shots don't do as much more me. The first one has some promise, with the colors, but it doesn't quite come together as a cohesive image. The heavy noise/grain is distracting (to me anyway!) as well.

Hope to see some more from WV.

Dave

Just other areas of the water bubble (100% cropped)
The second waterfall shot - will check the level.
Thanks Dave.

Kee

Oct 28, 2014 at 09:15 AM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

I like the waterfall shot.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:16 AM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

AMaji wrote:
I like the waterfall shot.

Thanks Maji. Appreciated.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:23 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Mill Creek Falls, New River Gorge, with Colorful Water Bubbles!

Kee,
Waterfall is nice, but I really like the first bubble photo. The way the light and colors interplay is very cool!

Sasha.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:57 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.