FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Olympic Autumn Cascades

bktools
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Olympic Autumn Cascades

A small stream in the Elwha Valley yesterday morning, running full, charged by heavy on-going rain. Thanks for looking.

Bob

Oct 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM
Cornvalley1

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Olympic Autumn Cascades

Bob, I think I see what you're going for here. You positioned the water in the lower left third, roughly. Compositionally it has some good things going for it in that sense. However, to my eyes the water on the left competes for attention with the wood/leaves on the right. I don't find the scene to be all that photogenic either. I haven't been out much this fall and hope you find some nice color up your way and are able to share it with the group.

Oct 27, 2014 at 02:25 PM
bktools
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Olympic Autumn Cascades

Jay Defigh wrote:
Bob, I think I see what you're going for here. You positioned the water in the lower left third, roughly. Compositionally it has some good things going for it in that sense. However, to my eyes the water on the left competes for attention with the wood/leaves on the right. I don't find the scene to be all that photogenic either. I haven't been out much this fall and hope you find some nice color up your way and are able to share it with the group.

Many thanks, Jay, for your most welcome comments and critique. Wishing you the best in upcoming photo ventures in the Olympics. Autumn leaves and colors are now going past their prime, accelerated by recent heavy rains and wind.

Bob

Oct 27, 2014 at 03:15 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.