Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · How are you processing D750 images?

GeoLaing
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How are you processing D750 images?

For anyone who has used a D750 for weddings, how are you processing your (RAW) images? I'm pretty much convinced it will do what I need and I'm looking forward to something lighter than the D3's I currently carry.

I want to make sure there is a solution for processing images in quanity. As of this morning I do not see an update for LR that includes D750.

Thanks!

Oct 27, 2014 at 07:46 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How are you processing D750 images?

Download the updated ACR (or some similar name), then convert the files into DNG's.

Then cry when the LR update forces you into buying a completely new version, and wish you had bought a D3s. Cuz after all, 2 pro bodies on a HoldFast MM will look so much cooler...

Oct 27, 2014 at 07:57 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How are you processing D750 images?

Why not just wait until the LR update comes out? The cameras you have are functional for the time being, right?

Nikon_14 wrote:
Then cry when the LR update forces you into buying a completely new version, and wish you had bought a D3s. Cuz after all, 2 pro bodies on a HoldFast MM will look so much cooler...

Or just pay $9.99 a month for LR and PS and never worry about new versions spoiling the fun.

brad

Oct 27, 2014 at 08:25 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How are you processing D750 images?

DigMeTX wrote
Or just pay $9.99 a month for LR and PS and never worry about new versions spoiling the fun.

Not into the cloud thing cuz I'm "not a slave to techie fashion"... I don't always have a signal while editing. It works for other people, so I'm happy for them, but it's just knot fur mi.

Oct 27, 2014 at 08:30 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How are you processing D750 images?

Nikon_14 wrote:
...and wish you had bought a D3s. Cuz after all, 2 pro bodies on a HoldFast MM will look so much cooler...

...or a hipster who is a gearhead.

Oct 27, 2014 at 08:37 AM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How are you processing D750 images?

MRomine wrote:
...or a hipster who is a gearhead.

Nah, the HoldFast MM is like a well-tailored suit or polished shoes- it'll look just as cool 50 years from now when I'll be covering my neighbors at the old folks home walking down the aisle as it does today.

Plus, gearheads buy DF's, D4's, etc. A used D3s is just too "old school" for them.

Sorry about the thread hijack.

Oct 27, 2014 at 08:55 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How are you processing D750 images?

Nikon_14 wrote:
Not into the cloud thing cuz I'm "not a slave to techie fashion"... I don't always have a signal while editing. It works for other people, so I'm happy for them, but it's just knot fur mi.

Cool. You don't have to have to be on the net to use them though.

brad

Oct 27, 2014 at 09:25 AM
agelessphotog
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How are you processing D750 images?

So all of my existing programs from Nik and VSCO will work fine with Cloud right?

Nov 09, 2014 at 11:39 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How are you processing D750 images?

agelessphotog wrote:
So all of my existing programs from Nik and VSCO will work fine with Cloud right?

Yes

Nov 09, 2014 at 04:25 PM
tjk60
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How are you processing D750 images?

agelessphotog wrote:

You'll have to reinstall plug-ins, but everything works well. I have used Creative Cloud since almost day one. Works just fine...

Nov 09, 2014 at 09:33 PM
gabemc
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · How are you processing D750 images?

i have been using ACR and editing the NEF's with the new VSCO 06 film pack. they have made the new presets for the 750 so they work great.

Nov 10, 2014 at 09:08 AM
DigMeTX
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · How are you processing D750 images?

gabemc wrote:
i have been using ACR and editing the NEF's with the new VSCO 06 film pack. they have made the new presets for the 750 so they work great.

How are you liking VSCO 06 vs. the previous VSCO versions? I haven't really seen anyone talking about it yet.

brad

Nov 10, 2014 at 09:59 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.