FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Fisher Towers

JameelH
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fisher Towers

This is from my recent trip to Moab. I had scouted this as a potential sunset location a day before. The day turned out pretty cloudy till almost a couple of hours before sunset. Then the western sky started clearing up with great light setting for this composition.

Oct 26, 2014 at 05:11 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fisher Towers

looks like it is slightly tilted down on the left side

Oct 26, 2014 at 07:21 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fisher Towers

Hi Jameel,

I nice take on Fisher Towers, but the color in the sky looks a bit off.

Jim

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:06 PM
lawa222
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fisher Towers

Great composition and underlying capture. But I think you cranked the color (and/or contrast) a bit too much, especially on the sky, as evidenced by the clouds no longer being white and the snow being blue. The rocks seem to have some blown reds as well, although it's hard to tell on a small web image.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:53 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fisher Towers

No, there's no tilt on the left, that's how the towers are from that location. I'd look at my white balance a bit however, as Jim says, the sky is a funny blue shade. The towers should have much more detail however, it seems the "hot" sunset color is obliterating this.

A nice different take on the towers though compared to all the Colorado River reflective ones...

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:04 PM
JameelH
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fisher Towers

Thanks for the comments. I'll look at the white balance and sky. The rocks were actually quite hot and did tone down the red channel some.

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.