New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Eye-Fi question

TiTANTA

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eye-Fi question

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

Quick question for the Eye-Fi SD cards.

I'm trying to sync the card with my iPad. It works great with inside my camera.

What I'm trying to do is connect the SD card to my PC. Then I have a third party program that will modify the picture and save the file to the Eye-Fi card.

Can I then set it up so that the pictures that are copied to the card are uploaded to my iPad for display purposes? I've been playing with the settings and can't seem to get it working the way I described. Maybe it's not possible?

Hope this makes sense. I've emailed Eye-Fi support but they won't get back to me until next week.

Thanks for your assistance!

Oct 25, 2014 at 04:55 PM
TiTANTA

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eye-Fi question

Hi all!

I finally figured it out.

Storing picture files into the root folder of an Eye-Fi didn't work. So I tried to mimic the folder structure as if the card was in my camera. So I created a DCIM folder, and inside I created another folder named 102D7100.

Next, I took the Eye-Fi card and plugged it into my computer. I opened up my photo application and configured it to store pictures into the 102D7100 of the Eye-Fi card.

Then, I connected my iPad in Direct Mode to my Eye-Fi card.

Now, when my tool saves a picture inside the Eye-Fi, it will automatically upload to the iPad and will show in the Eye-Fi Gallery to view.

This is an easy way for clients to preview pictures during an event after it's been post processed by a third party application and saved to the Eye-Fi card.

Hopes this helps others looking for a way to share pictures from a PC to an iPad wirelessly and in real time.

Cheers

Oct 25, 2014 at 07:49 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.