Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

benjikan
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Hi All,

Hope you are all doing great! Just wanted to share my newest Fashion spread in the Novemebr 2014 issue of ELLE Magazine with the gorgeous Vika Falileeva, ex-gymnast and major model with DNA Models in New York and Women Model Management in Paris.

If you have any question feel free to throw them my way.

Best Wishes,
Ben

See more Photos and Video at: http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/msj1

Oct 24, 2014 at 05:01 PM
pentool
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

This series look great! Can you share some of your experiences of how you got to where you are? Like getting published for Elle. What are some of the steps you took in your career to get there? Thanks so much for posting!

Oct 24, 2014 at 05:10 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Hope you don't mind these:

http://benjaminkanarek.com/biography/

http://benjaminkanarek.com/client-list/

http://howdidyougetthere.wordpress.com/2014/05/05/interview-with-benjamin-kanarek/

and this interview...since this interview I stopped using Pentax:

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/2009/07/31/my-camera-waves-radio-interview/

Oct 24, 2014 at 05:43 PM
hicohen
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing.

Oct 24, 2014 at 06:10 PM
tonyfield
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Excellent work ... you photographic and business skills seem very well suited to the fashion industry. I remember one issue of Vogue or Elle (Canada) in which the profile picture of you (when they described you as a contributor) and wore a hat - possibly a fedora

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many images you take for a given project, how many would you consider to be "good", and how many are printed? Of course, studio shooting and location shooting (such as this presented series) would probably have very different number of pictures taken.

I ask this question since, for my not-so-good photographic skills, I tend to shoot a very large number of images (500-700 or more) to get what I consider to be maybe 10 to 20 decent images and maybe 5 good ones (by my standards). In my case, my skills are purely amateur and I have access only to some amateur models .. a few of which can be beautiful and/or skillful. I am curious what a successful working professional would expect in terms of results, from your perspective, working with a good team using excellent and beautiful models .

Oct 24, 2014 at 06:54 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

tonyfield wrote:
Excellent work ... you photographic and business skills seem very well suited to the fashion industry. I remember one issue of Vogue or Elle (Canada) in which the profile picture of you (when they described you as a contributor) and wore a hat - possibly a fedora

Out of curiosity, I wonder how many images you take for a given project, how many would you consider to be "good", and how many are printed? Of course, studio shooting and location shooting (such as this presented series) would probably have very different number of pictures taken.

I ask this question
...Show more

Hi how are you?

I generally do not shoot more than 80-100 images per clothing change. We edit down the images to around 2-6 selects per clothing change (per page) and of course only 1 photo is chosen for the final, unless the magazine wants a slightly different crop to enhance the layout as they did in this story where they replicated two of the looks. I never edit after the day of the shoot. I wait till the next day to clear out my head.

Oct 25, 2014 at 03:55 AM
xerofun

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Only thing I think that bugs me is the really dark eye makeup. But that's probably just my tastes

Oct 25, 2014 at 04:52 PM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

What was the logic of the crop on the cover...they cropped her foot in a rather strange place IMO.

Oct 26, 2014 at 03:19 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Another example:

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Wildcats_Fans
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Gorgeous shots as always

Oct 27, 2014 at 02:44 PM
benjikan
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Gorgeous and Sexy Vika Falileeva for ELLE Magazine by Yours Truly

Wildcats_Fans wrote:
Gorgeous shots as always

Thanks a lot!!!

Oct 30, 2014 at 04:42 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.