FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

The flat rocks with the rivulets of water flowing from their edges are some of my favorite in the rivers in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I photographed a lot of them in detail, but this one had too nice a scene of fall color and blue sky in the background to isolate it. Getting out in the cold water was fun, the shot just wasn't possible without getting wet. Thanks for looking, and any crits or comments are more than welcome.

TR

Oct 23, 2014 at 06:46 AM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

Love this one Travis. To have pulled this off during this time of day is really nice.

Oct 23, 2014 at 08:27 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

JimKied wrote:
Love this one Travis. To have pulled this off during this time of day is really nice.

Thanks Jim. I appreciate you taking the time to look and comment. The time of day was great, later in the afternoon, we found pockets on the river that were somewhat shaded... some time at the computer doing some manual exposure blending took care of what the camera could not do in one frame!

Oct 23, 2014 at 08:30 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

A little color starting to show Travis!! Great foreground lock here...wonderful silky smooth!
Dan

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

Danpbphoto wrote:
A little color starting to show Travis!! Great foreground lock here...wonderful silky smooth!
Dan

thanks for commenting Dan, yes, color at lower elevations near the rivers was starting to really show, it was really nice to get the mixture of reds, greens and yellows. Glad you like it, thanks!

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:37 AM
garyroach
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

Nice shot. A large flat rock by the stream at Tremont is one of my favorite places to stop for lunch when shooting in that area. Might even head up there today.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

garyroach wrote:
Nice shot. A large flat rock by the stream at Tremont is one of my favorite places to stop for lunch when shooting in that area. Might even head up there today.

Thanks Gary, I appreciate the kind words. Tremont is such a great place, I am envious that you can just "head" up there!

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM
ramkumar999
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

Excellent shot and amazing depth of field. If you could get rid of the chromatic abberations of top corners around the leaves, then this could be a big print.
In this resolution., this looks amazing!

Oct 23, 2014 at 01:10 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

ramkumar999 wrote:
Excellent shot and amazing depth of field. If you could get rid of the chromatic abberations of top corners around the leaves, then this could be a big print.

thanks for taking the time to look and comment...and thanks for pointing the CA out...I missed that! I will have to fix that tonight before sending it off for printing.

Oct 23, 2014 at 01:12 PM
kwilliam8
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

This is a really pleasant image! You did a great job with the exposure. Nice!
Keith W.

Oct 23, 2014 at 01:13 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Tremont Flat Rock and Fall Color

kwilliam8 wrote:
This is a really pleasant image! You did a great job with the exposure. Nice!
Keith W.

Thanks Keith. The image was 3 exposures ranging from 8 to 13 seconds, blended together manually.

Oct 23, 2014 at 01:19 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.