Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Cyclocross Racing - CrossVegas Baby!

DejanS
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cyclocross Racing - CrossVegas Baby!

Hi all, thought I'd post a few bike racing photos from a recent shoot I did in Las Vegas during the night of September 11, 2014...CrossVegas, which generally kicks off the UCI cyclocross racing season in North America and coincides with Interbike, one of the largest bike shows in NA as well. Anyways, the images I'm presenting are from the men's Pro race, featuring some of the best cyclocross races in the world, and literally...including a few ex-World Champions. I'll include a narrative for some of the images so you guys get an idea of some of the action. Also, as always CC's are always welcomed.

Photogallery: http://www.sportifimages.com/Cyclocross-2014/CrossVegas

© Dejan Smaic | dejansmaic.com | sportifimages.com 2014

© DejanS 2014

Sven Nys, former 2012/13 World Cyclocross Champion, begins his winning attack on the run up.

© DejanS 2014

Adam Craig (Giant) leads a chase group of riders through a sand pit as the lead group of riders establish the winning gap on the field.

© DejanS 2014

Former US Cyclocross Champion, Jonathan Page (Fuji), chases the lead riders. I like this image because the sands are creating some dusting while I use a remote flash as well as capturing a secondary flash from another photographer.

© DejanS 2014

Sven Nys, former World Champion and eventual winner, lays down the hammer during the last lap of the race.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:26 PM
ian408
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cyclocross Racing - CrossVegas Baby!

Some great photos. Love your take on the sport.

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:33 PM
DejanS
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cyclocross Racing - CrossVegas Baby!

ian408 wrote:
Some great photos. Love your take on the sport.

Thanks Ian. I was on assignment for a few days shooting for Raleigh Clement. I have spent most of my 30 years racing on the road and cyclocross with some of the guys in this race, and have a pretty good take on some of the tactics and suffering riders go through...mostly the suffering :-)

Oct 25, 2014 at 08:13 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.