FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sunrise at red cliffs

alatoo60
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sunrise at red cliffs

One more picture from Navajo land, featuring the same medicine wheel.
This little valley is shielded from the east, but I tried to work this composition the best I could, to incorporate both the wheel, and the sunburst.

C&C welcome.

Sasha.

© Lumiscience 2014

Edited on Oct 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM · View previous versions

Oct 22, 2014 at 07:59 PM
Kee Woo Rhee
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sunrise at red cliffs

I love the way you captured this photo.
Cloud, sun burst, medicine wheel, and the light on the rocks!
All in a very nice harmony with the shade. Best!

Oct 22, 2014 at 08:40 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sunrise at red cliffs

Hey Sasha,

Maybe I am just seeing too many of these compasses now, but it's lost it's impact for me. One of the hardest things to do sometimes is when we find something cool, is to not then totally fixate on that subject. I can't tell you how many times I have gone out for example up to the Bristlecone Pines and found a super cool tree to shoot and compose around. I ended up getting so fixated on it, that I ignored other compositions, and frankly when I got home and looked over my images I kicked myself because all of them had the same tree in them, and I bored myself even with it when I looked at the same tree over and over and over and over again. Sure the light was different, but it was still the same tree over and over.

I am sure others will disagree with me, but for me I hope you got some other compositions without the compass in it, and I would sure enjoy to see those.

Jim

Oct 22, 2014 at 08:53 PM
Markus L
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sunrise at red cliffs

I really like the sunburst in this picture, very nice.

Oct 22, 2014 at 09:56 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sunrise at red cliffs

I like this one two for the overall image ignoring the cross which you could not do anything about for this particular view.

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM
alatoo60
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sunrise at red cliffs

JimFox wrote:
Hey Sasha,

Maybe I am just seeing too many of these compasses now, but it's lost it's impact for me. One of the hardest things to do sometimes is when we find something cool, is to not then totally fixate on that subject. I can't tell you how many times I have gone out for example up to the Bristlecone Pines and found a super cool tree to shoot and compose around. I ended up getting so fixated on it, that I ignored other compositions, and frankly when I got home and looked over my images I kicked myself because all
...Show more

Hey Jim,
This is only third picture with a wheel that you see, so it cannot be too much. Not yet. I've seen many more pictures of Bristlecone for sure
That's exactly the reason I am posting them - to see what works, and what does not. So obviously this does not, but no worries, I have few more to share

---------------------------------------------

Markus L wrote:
I really like the sunburst in this picture, very nice.

Thank you, Markus! I love sunbursts!
---------------------------------------------

ben egbert wrote:
I like this one two for the overall image ignoring the cross which you could not do anything about for this particular view.

Ben, that's the cross I am most excited about! This place looks like a shrine of a sort, it has some mystery.

Sasha.

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:07 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.