New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2014 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

jaybrams
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

I just got off the phone with Canon. They expect to receive their shipment in the warehouse on October 30 and ship to the consumer on the 31st. So, with their free overnight shipping offer, you can expect your camera on Monday, November 3rd. So, for us weekend shooters who impulsively order for first day arrival...looks like next weekend will still see the old 7D in action...

Oct 22, 2014 at 03:47 PM
diamondroad
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Where can I buy one? I'm in Canada and want to buy one for my friend ASAP!!!!! Canada Canada said the release date was the middle of Nov (but that could be just for Canadians) Is there anyplace in America that will be selling this camera on the 31st? If so, who?

Thanks
Steve

Oct 22, 2014 at 03:53 PM
Thang
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Nice any indication the size of the shipment?

Oct 22, 2014 at 03:54 PM
jaybrams
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

No, but it seemed they expect to fill current orders at that time. I actually ordered elsewhere but wanted to see if it would be faster direct from Canon. I don't know when the store I ordered from will ship, but I was interested to know if switching to Canon direct would get it here in time for next weekend, which it won't. So, I'll stay with the large NY store I ordered with.

Oct 22, 2014 at 04:00 PM
lowa2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

diamondroad wrote:
Where can I buy one? I'm in Canada and want to buy one for my friend ASAP!!!!! Canada Canada said the release date was the middle of Nov (but that could be just for Canadians) Is there anyplace in America that will be selling this camera on the 31st? If so, who?

Thanks
Steve

Camera canada has sent an email to anyone with pre-orders that they will be shipping out on Oct30.

Oct 22, 2014 at 04:04 PM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

My camera store says they will have some delivered to them on Oct 31, in time for my weekend with the polar bears. Not sure how many are spoken for - at least one for me.

Oct 22, 2014 at 04:51 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

diamondroad wrote:

Thanks
Steve

You should have pre-ordered one. Stores will fill all pre-orders before any other customers can get one. If a store gets more allotted than were pre-ordered then you may have a chance to get one.

Oct 22, 2014 at 05:26 PM
mmurph
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

If a store gets more allotted than were pre-ordered then you may have a chance to get one.

Some people pre-order in more than one store. Some change their mind.

Try the local shops near you. Or some of the smaller online sellers with good customer servicem- Midwest Photo, (www.mpex.com), Norman Camera in Grand Rapids, MI, etc.

Good luck!

Oct 22, 2014 at 09:11 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Spoke to salesperson at B&H Photo, to check on shipping of my order. He said they were expecting the 7DII's on Thursday and ship in a day or so. I have overnight shipping, so Friday at earliest (very optimistic) to Tuesday or Wednesday (more realistic).

I offered a $10 tip if I had it by Friday, but he just laughed.

We ought to have a flood of 7DII reports next week.

Getting a bit excited about this camera.
Steve

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Scott T
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

I didn't even pre-order one and I'm excited. Looking forward to some images and first impressions from the folks here.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Itsed65
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Just got a call from my local shop. My 7D2 is in and waiting for pickup. I will be taking a slight detour on the way home from work tonight

Oct 28, 2014 at 02:24 PM
jaybrams
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Sjjindra wrote:
Spoke to salesperson at B&H Photo, to check on shipping of my order. He said they were expecting the 7DII's on Thursday and ship in a day or so. I have overnight shipping, so Friday at earliest (very optimistic) to Tuesday or Wednesday (more realistic).

I offered a $10 tip if I had it by Friday, but he just laughed.

We ought to have a flood of 7DII reports next week.

Getting a bit excited about this camera.
Steve

I messaged them as well since I have two day shipping and would change to overnight if I knew it would ship to me on Thursday. They politely declined to give me an answer as to where I am on the list (ordered Oct. 6) or when mine might ship. So, I guess I'll just hang in there....

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:36 PM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Looks like my CC was charged today. Would be nice to get it before the weekend.

Oct 28, 2014 at 03:38 PM
Sjjindra
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Jay
I called B&H after I placed the order and requested a price match of the overnight shipping that Adorama was offering at the time. They graciously matched it, so no additional charge. Not sure if Adorama still has that offer now though.

Vinnie
Was yours ordered from B&H? If so, maybe there's hope for me this weekend too.

Steve

Oct 28, 2014 at 06:38 PM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

Sjjindra wrote:
Jay
I called B&H after I placed the order and requested a price match of the overnight shipping that Adorama was offering at the time. They graciously matched it, so no additional charge. Not sure if Adorama still has that offer now though.

Vinnie
Was yours ordered from B&H? If so, maybe there's hope for me this weekend too.

Steve

No, I ordered from the Camera Canada deal posted on canonpricewatch.

Edited on Oct 29, 2014 at 04:05 AM · View previous versions

Oct 28, 2014 at 07:02 PM
mpoole
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

diamondroad wrote:

Thanks
Steve

Call Camera Canada.They told me their first shipment is spoken for but more are coming in the following week

Oct 28, 2014 at 07:05 PM
jcunwired
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

It was you people!! I tried to call B&H to order a 16-35mm f/4 and waited forever. Must have been everyone calling in to check on shipment. Bastids.

Oct 28, 2014 at 07:33 PM
kvolk
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

I called my local shop where mine is ordered. Their understanding is that their order was to ship to them today. They tried to confirm it with their Canon rep but got no response. I'm still a little hopeful that I can pick mine up on Saturday.

Oct 28, 2014 at 07:39 PM
Itsed65
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

I got it in enough time to take a few test shots. Now I have to remember how to use DPP!

© Itsed65 2014

Brought it home tonight

Oct 28, 2014 at 09:11 PM
JohnBrose
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon 7D Mark ii Shipping

looks like one of the 1sts. nice to hear/see they are shipping b4 November.

Oct 28, 2014 at 09:31 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.