4       5       6       end

Archive 2014 · The Princess And Her Dog

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · The Princess And Her Dog

Tom In Arizona wrote:
Hi Endre...

Beautiful photograph, as are all of your posts.

It's too bad that you felt it necessary to take the occasion on a photography forum to interject your political beliefs. However, it has succeeded in showing me another, rather unpleasant, side of a man that I otherwise still respect for his artistic talents.

Thanks
Tom

its really unfortunate Tom that you dont understand or appreciate the impact the new laws are having on medicine......and in particular Obamacare. People can say oh look at that rich doctor. But none of them take into account the work and expense that the doctors had to do and take on in order to keep us all well and healthy. If the reward on the other end isnt worth the risk that they take and expense that they sign up for.....you wont have doctors. When that happens you can look back to these postings and realize that we told you so..... my wife for one doesnt believe that it is worth it now.....people have no clue what is happening.....and it is obvious from your comments that you dont either.

When the government feels obligated to step into the market and mandate change, good things have never come out of it.....its a problem that everyone needs to wake up and understand while we still have young people that want to be doctors....I dont know many people that want to work all day and then to be called up out of your sleep to run into the hospital for 2 hours to take care of someone, never mind function the next day.....because it starts all over..

Next time you see a doctor, thank them for what they do......you will come across a time in your life that you will be glad that they are around!

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · The Princess And Her Dog

Thanks, Herb, for the kind comments on my photo and this long and sad tale about your wife's experience in the medical profession. Sadly, such tales are now the overwhelming norm - and for mentioning it in passing, I got tarred as an "unpleasant" person. Can't be helped.

As to the settings, I thought I checked the "Show EXIF" button but it doesn't seem to show up. This was shot at 1/125 f 8 ISO 100 with my 85mm 1.2 prime lens and my Canon 5D MkIII. The light source was about four feet away on the right, while the reflector was quite close - just outside the camera frame on the left. I hope that helps.

All best wishes,

Endre

Herb wrote:
I appreciated your comments about you daughter going into nursing and how bad becoming a doctor is. My wife studied art in college and decided that after she got out and got a pitiful paying job that unless she did something else she would forever live in her parents basement. And this was someone that had scored perfect on her math SAT test, 800 out of 800.

She decided to go back to school and was studying to be a medical technician. She was able to get a job running tests on blood etc and when she realized that doctors were
...Show more

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · The Princess And Her Dog

Thanks so much, Cary! I am so glad you like it!

I'm sure the cats are reacting to the quivering of their relative's guts ( ) Maybe you should practice indoors?

Thanks for watching and enjoying the video.

All the best,

Endre

caryb wrote:
Wow. Superb photo of a beautiful daughter. Indeed an incredibly talented family. Thanks for sharing the video also. I love the violin but the cats in the neighborhood don't like my practice.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · The Princess And Her Dog

Yikes, Herb! Now we are getting political. Thanks for your cogent and spirited defense but this really shouldn't be turned into a political forum. In times gone by, though, people had thicker skins and could handle an offhand reference to a differing point of view without making it into a huge issue.

Thanks, again!

All the best,

Endre

Herb wrote:
its really unfortunate Tom that you dont understand or appreciate the impact the new laws are having on medicine......and in particular Obamacare. People can say oh look at that rich doctor. But none of them take into account the work and expense that the doctors had to do and take on in order to keep us all well and healthy. If the reward on the other end isnt worth the risk that they take and expense that they sign up for.....you wont have doctors. When that happens you can look back to these postings and realize that we told you
...Show more

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
caryb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · The Princess And Her Dog

Strad wrote:
I'm sure the cats are reacting to the quivering of their relative's guts ( ) Maybe you should practice indoors?

Ok, now that cracked me up. Thanks!

Oct 24, 2014 at 07:19 AM
Tom In Arizona
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · The Princess And Her Dog

Hi Endre and Herb…

As I mentioned in my original reply, it is unfortunate that one’s political beliefs were interjected into an otherwise wonderful post with a spectacular photograph.

However, having said that, it is truly unfortunate that your families have suffered so profoundly from the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. No family, regardless of their location on the political spectrum should have to endure “…real, direct, and tangible suffering…” whether it was in the decades before the Affordable Care Act, or in the years following that act’s passage.

It is my sincere hope that both of your families will manage to quickly overcome the financial and career agonies and adversity you are currently undergoing.

With that, I will close my side of this conversation, and Endre and Herb, I will continue to look forward to seeing more of your wonderful photographs.

Thanks
Tom

Oct 24, 2014 at 02:02 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · The Princess And Her Dog

Thank you, Tom! I appreciate your thoughtful response. You are a good man.

All the best,

Endre

Tom In Arizona wrote:
Hi Endre and Herb…

As I mentioned in my original reply, it is unfortunate that one’s political beliefs were interjected into an otherwise wonderful post with a spectacular photograph.

However, having said that, it is truly unfortunate that your families have suffered so profoundly from the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. No family, regardless of their location on the political spectrum should have to endure “…real, direct, and tangible suffering…” whether it was in the decades before the Affordable Care Act, or in the years following that act’s passage.

It is my sincere hope that both of your families will
...Show more

Oct 24, 2014 at 02:33 PM
cs3is
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · The Princess And Her Dog

What a beautiful image.
Please share some more if possible .

IB

Oct 24, 2014 at 02:36 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · The Princess And Her Dog

Thank you so much. I am delighted that you like it so much./

Indeed, there are a few more from the same shoot on the way.

All best wishes,

cs3is wrote:
What a beautiful image.
Please share some more if possible .

IB

Oct 24, 2014 at 03:53 PM
Arka
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · The Princess And Her Dog

Nailed it. She could be the subject of a Thomas Gainsborough painting. Beautifully done.

Oct 24, 2014 at 09:46 PM
danlona
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · The Princess And Her Dog

Amazing !

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · The Princess And Her Dog

Thank you, Arka! I appreciate your comment and I'm so glad you like it! That sort of feel was what I was after so I'm glad i was able to convey it.

All the best,

Endre

Arka wrote:
Nailed it. She could be the subject of a Thomas Gainsborough painting. Beautifully done.

Oct 26, 2014 at 03:01 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · The Princess And Her Dog

Thanks!

All the best,

Endre

quote]danlona wrote:
Amazing !

Oct 26, 2014 at 03:02 AM
narasimhalu

p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · The Princess And Her Dog

I don't post many comments (shame on me) but I had to pass along that your series is absolutely stunning. I have also found myself over the last few days returning to these; and last, I am sharing these with others in my household by passing the tablet from person to person. That's 3 strikes on the testament how grand they are. These do one of 2 things at any one moment: Inspire me to excel or post plenty of gear on eBay .

Wonderful demonstration of camera, lighting, and post-processing. Best of luck topping these!

Oct 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM
Strad
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · The Princess And Her Dog

Good heavens! What can I say? I really appreciate your very kind and generous comments and am delighted that you like them so much.

Don't sell your gear!!

All best wishes,

Endre

narasimhalu wrote:
I don't post many comments (shame on me) but I had to pass along that your series is absolutely stunning. I have also found myself over the last few days returning to these; and last, I am sharing these with others in my household by passing the tablet from person to person. That's 3 strikes on the testament how grand they are. These do one of 2 things at any one moment: Inspire me to excel or post plenty of gear on eBay .

Wonderful demonstration of camera, lighting, and post-processing. Best of luck topping these!

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:02 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · The Princess And Her Dog

Stunning shot Endre , both the color and black and white version.

Birdie

Oct 31, 2014 at 08:38 PM
jbush
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · The Princess And Her Dog

Endre,

In my mostly "lurking" mode on this forum (yes, I also need to post more...but what I really need to do is shoot more!) I have seen many great examples of your photography. Today, as I sit alone in my kitchen on a cold New England morning while enjoying some coffee, I decided it was high time I comment because this one made me say "WOW!" out loud as I sat in stunned amazement! I'm not sure what else can be said that hasn't already been stated, but this is simply beautiful! I like the B&W very much (especially with the slight warm tone), but I lean about one degree past vertical towards liking the color even more. Everything about it is so well done! You have (another) fan!

Oh, and I thoroughly enjoyed the video...the phrase "jack of all trades, master of none" does not apply to you! You seem to be master of all trades! Or, at least the ones I love, music and photography.

Regards,
Jon

Nov 01, 2014 at 08:22 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · The Princess And Her Dog

Arka wrote:

I will 2nd that!!!!! She is absolutely stunning in every posted image in every pose..in everything..just exudes class and beauty!
Dan

Nov 01, 2014 at 02:15 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · The Princess And Her Dog

Big Congrats, Endre! Beautifully done
There are some many components that make this image special and the summation of all those parts and components works in such a way that nothing needs to be added, taken away or altered
Socrate

Nov 01, 2014 at 06:06 PM
swordfishphoto
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · The Princess And Her Dog

What strange names! A bit too plasticy for my taste, but still really good. A deserved win

Nov 02, 2014 at 02:17 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.