FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Tremont Rocks: Great Smoky Mountain National Park

Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tremont Rocks: Great Smoky Mountain National Park

I finally got to shoot in the Tremont area of GSMNP this past weekend...what a great place, I know I will be back there many more times. We were limited to shooting locations due to light...but this was one of my favorites. I know its a crime to do black and white when fall color is in full swing...but I liked it better....less season specific, and the variety of color allowed more tonal range. 4 shot vertical pano with the 28-300L. Thanks for looking any comments or cirts are more than welcomed.

Oct 22, 2014 at 08:29 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tremont Rocks: Great Smoky Mountain National Park

Hey Travis,

Yeah... it does seem counter intuitive to go with a B&W image in an area that is full of color, but this works! This is a well done B&W With some solid Blacks and Whites and really makes for a sweet scene.

Well done, and don't post the color version even though some people will beg for it. This B&W is a treat all in itself.

Jim

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:24 PM
Travis Rhoads
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tremont Rocks: Great Smoky Mountain National Park

JimFox wrote:
Hey Travis,

Yeah... it does seem counter intuitive to go with a B&W image in an area that is full of color, but this works! This is a well done B&W With some solid Blacks and Whites and really makes for a sweet scene.

Well done, and don't post the color version even though some people will beg for it. This B&W is a treat all in itself.

Jim

Thanks for taking the time Jim, I appreciate it. Glad you think it works, I have been learning luminosity masks and I think they really help with getting good blacks and whites without putting too much contrast into the entire image.

I won't post the color version...Scouts Honor. I will have other images in color to share from the trip...but not this scene.

Thanks again.

TR

Oct 22, 2014 at 12:29 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.