Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

danchez
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

From a recent senior session with Nick, CC appreciated.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Oct 16, 2014 at 06:36 PM
Dave McGaughey
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

First shot is G R E A T. The rest are not as strong. Weird sort-of-blown highlights on 3,4, 6. Arm is too bright on 2. He/you are above average at posing. Most high school males look super awkward.

Oct 16, 2014 at 10:14 PM
docsmiles17
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

I'd work more on your processing/editing but three of them I would process more:

#1-too blown out and would adjust whites/highlights or crop out the left of photo

#2-good composition and pose but sharpness/DOF a bit weird. looks a tad overexposed

#5 nice lighting and background. crop from below to just above the writing on his sweatshirt.

Oct 17, 2014 at 01:29 AM
danchez
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Oct 17, 2014 at 05:57 PM
Prevelige
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

Number one is great, but the white sneakers kill it for me.

I think the next strongest image is number five. I'd actually like to see it a little bit bigger so that his swimming logo does not get cropped out at all. I suspect that's a big part of who he is as a senior.

Six and seven are good, but his head position is a bit odd in seven. Too forced a pose imho.

Bob

Oct 17, 2014 at 08:05 PM
danchez
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

Prevelige wrote:
Number one is great, but the white sneakers kill it for me.

I think the next strongest image is number five. I'd actually like to see it a little bit bigger so that his swimming logo does not get cropped out at all. I suspect that's a big part of who he is as a senior.

Six and seven are good, but his head position is a bit odd in seven. Too forced a pose imho.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I agree with most of what you say. Those sneakers, UGH!, and you are dead on with the sweatshirt. He is on the swim team and brought that sweatshirt to show it off. I think I cropped that one where I did because his hands were awkward, but it was one of his better facial poses. He had a hard time leaning on the fence, could not find a comfortable position in #6, but his Mom really liked that one. #7 was Mom's idea. We tried a few different head positions, but she loved that one too. Actually, I think I took just over 100 images, processed 15 of them, and she bought every single one of them, one of my larger sales this year. Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Oct 18, 2014 at 05:41 PM
CW100
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

danchez wrote:
Thanks Bob, I agree with most of what you say. Those sneakers, UGH!, and you are dead on with the sweatshirt. He is on the swim team and brought that sweatshirt to show it off. I think I cropped that one where I did because his hands were awkward, but it was one of his better facial poses. He had a hard time leaning on the fence, could not find a comfortable position in #6, but his Mom really liked that one. #7 was Mom's idea. We tried a few different head positions, but she loved that one too. Actually,
...Show more

yes, sneakers and some awkward posing but good that the family likes the set

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM
reesem
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Senior Nick - CC appreciated.

#1 and #3 are good. #2 and #4 are too posed for my tastes though, and #6 and #7 seem disconnected, even though it seemed you were going for a candid look. Thank you for sharing!

Oct 19, 2014 at 01:25 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.