FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

Mitch W
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

Heads up if you order press books from BRI with the canvas photo cover option. I just received a couple guest sign-in books I ordered from them and upon opening the covers to proof the images the glossy coating around the bindings started cracking. The cover photo is a bluish-gray, so the cracking (the cracks are white) is very noticeable. I cannot deliver a product like this to my client, so hopefully BRI will stand behind their product and replace them for me. I will not go with the canvas cover option again. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a sample guest sign-in book I purchased from them 4 or 5 years ago and it never developed this cracking problem, which leads me to believe they've changed materials - either the canvas material, the glossy coating, or both.

The prints inside the book, printed on their Art Paper, look amazing. Too bad the books are undeliverable.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:14 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

Call their customer support they have always been really good about fixing issues. Sometimes they will ask you to e-mail photos of the problem. I've never had the problem that you are talking about with the canvas cover but I also haven't ordered any books from them in a few months.

Edited on Oct 15, 2014 at 11:31 AM · View previous versions

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:18 AM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

hmm
I have had this happen over time... I think it is just the nature of the canvas that they use. They are good about replacements. Contact them and you will have another quickly.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

yeah just call them...they will sort it out.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

Thanks Mark and Doug. I guess if it occurred over a long period of time it *might* be acceptable, but not before I even delivered it to the client. It took me by surprise.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

Mitch W wrote:
Thanks Mark and Doug. I guess if it occurred over a long period of time it *might* be acceptable, but not before I even delivered it to the client. It took me by surprise.

It happens, I've had printing issues in the past, like images not lining up across the gutter, ink spots on a page etc. They always fix things right away.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Mitch W
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · BRI Press Printed Book Problem

Just an update - BRI is replacing the two books for me. Love a company that stands behind their product! Thanks to all that chimed in.

Oct 16, 2014 at 06:11 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.