Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · D600 post shutter replacement.

GHorning9000
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D600 post shutter replacement.

I see the price of a new D600 has come down enough that I'm now able to buy one.

To all the people who have sent their D600 in for replacement, I'm wondering if I buy new D600 and get alot of oil repeatedly after wet cleaning is the shutter replacement program fixing this issue? Has anyone noticed any oil spots after replacement? Also how long is this program being offered by nikon? On nikons website it says it lasts past warranty but im wondering one or two years from now.

Thanks

Oct 14, 2014 at 02:06 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D600 post shutter replacement.

Yes, some have reported the recurring issue after shutter replacement. In that case, Nikon has elected to give you a new D610 instead.

Oct 14, 2014 at 03:00 PM
sidefunk
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D600 post shutter replacement.

I am seeing what i believe to be more oil spots than before my shutter replacement. I have not yet had an opportunity to contact Nikon to see what they will do. Although there are many who have had no problems, i would suggest skipping the d600 and going for the 610 which has come down significantly in price recently.

Oct 14, 2014 at 06:11 PM
Dustin Gent
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D600 post shutter replacement.

my D600 just came back from Nikon for the fix, and it seems to be fine.

Oct 14, 2014 at 07:19 PM
glennh56
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D600 post shutter replacement.

Also received a D600 back a week ago. So far so good, but haven't run that many shots through the camera yet. We'll see after a couple thousand exposures.

Oct 15, 2014 at 05:43 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D600 post shutter replacement.

GHorning9000 wrote:
I see the price of a new D600 has come down enough that I'm now able to buy one.

To all the people who have sent their D600 in for replacement, I'm wondering if I buy new D600 and get alot of oil repeatedly after wet cleaning is the shutter replacement program fixing this issue? Has anyone noticed any oil spots after replacement? Also how long is this program being offered by nikon? On nikons website it says it lasts past warranty but im wondering one or two years from now.

Thanks

11,000 clicks in, I was unable to clean the gunk off my sensor even with 20 wet swabs at a time, it was just re-distributing it to new spots where the fluid dried. So I finally sent it in, well outside the warranty, but no questions asked, the shutter was replaced and sensor was cleaned.

2000 clicks later, not a spot. Before, I had to clean it every 500 shots or more frequently

Oct 15, 2014 at 03:39 PM
capo99
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D600 post shutter replacement.

Mine just went back for the 3rd time 6000 clicks after the shutter was replaced. I've no faith that my camera will ever be free of this problem unless replced.

Oct 17, 2014 at 01:24 AM
nwadventurer7
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D600 post shutter replacement.

mine was just sent in a second time, and it appears to have been fixed. the first shutter replacement 6 months ago in singapore was the old shutter, didnt work, oil splatters on the first 100 shots. sent it back in the first of october and they replaced it (usa california service center) with the new designed shutter, no problem so far...

Oct 17, 2014 at 01:02 PM
Stilltime
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · D600 post shutter replacement.

Received mine back with a new shutter, and no oil yet but twice as dense dust particles as before. I would clean it myself, but now I'm wanting to just send it back in hopes Nikon replaces it with a D610...

- Chris C.

Oct 17, 2014 at 03:47 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.