Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

wembley
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   #1 Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs

Sold

Price: $475.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 7 Shows considerable amount of use - More than average wear
Shipping instructions: usps included

I picked up a package deal from a local newspaper photographer which included 3 17-35 lenses. I've kept one but the other 2 are for sale.
This one is cosmetically well used. It has considerable body wear. The AFS squeaks until you af near focus and far focus a number of times (the copy I am keeping also does this as do many of these lenses). There is a large speck of dirt on the internal glass (not noticeable in images). The infinity focus is a tad off. when you focus to infinity you need to give a tiny twist of the manual focus ring to focus on the actual infinity.
Filter on it and front element glass is perfect.

If you use your lenses rather than leave them on the shelf you will love this lens. Quick AF, Sharp and contrasty, great for landscapes and a cheap way to get into UWA on full frame. I use mine for events and weddings and it stays on the camera most of the time!

Cheapest I have seen for sale on here was $590 in July and that was in much worse condition than this.

I'm selling for $499 and includes cash and paypal. NOW 475

Images of this lens and samples of this lens in the attached images.
In reply #2 there is a 100% crop.

I have never fine tuned a lens on my previous D700 or current D3s. Never felt a need to. Maybe some fine-tuning will help at infinity but its the smallest manual focus twist and if you shoot landscapes you probably are already MF anyway.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   #2Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs

Sold

Price: $325.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 7 Shows considerable amount of use - More than average wear
Shipping instructions: usps included

Heres the 2nd one.

This one is also cosmetically well used. It has considerable body wear. The AFS squeaks until you af near focus and far focus a number of times (the copy I am keeping also does this as do many of these lenses). Front element is perfect and has had a filter on always.
The issue with this one is the spring loaded aperture tab does not automatically spring load (reset or move to adjust the aperture blades). So when the lens is open wide the body does not then close the lens down leading to over-exposed images. The tab can be moved by hand when the lens is not on the body.
BUT i talked to Joe at TEMPE Photo repair today. He estimated that the tab needs lubricating or replacing. A lube of the tab was estimated at $90-150 and I asked about a replacement and he said for that part there wouldn't be any extra charge.

In all exposure modes M,A,S,P the lens cannot stop down from the largest aperture you have set. You cannot shoot using the manual aperture ring as that gives the standard FEE error when moved from the locked position.

So if this doesn't sell here I will send it in and get the tab repaired and put the lens back up for sale for $650.

In the mean time I will offer this for $350. If you repair the tab and it costs $150 you are in this lens for $500 and with perfectly clean glass (will still have the temp squeak).

$350 includes shipping and paypal. NOW 325

Images of this lens and samples will be in the 1st reply post.

near focus

infinty focus

Edited on Oct 20, 2014 at 04:36 PM · View previous versions

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:43 PM
wembley
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

Lens #2

near focus
http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-dnm7S2vSFa8/VDwTdOtjDHI/AAAAAAAAbvM/NefP-4wLRVg/s800/DSC_5236.jpg

infinity focus
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZYCWMVqHLT4/VDwTdi1M53I/AAAAAAAAbvU/J_KqvIsgh0g/s800/DSC_5237.jpg

Edited on Oct 13, 2014 at 11:24 PM · View previous versions

Oct 13, 2014 at 10:53 PM
wembley
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

Lens #1

Infinity focus @f4 full frame and 100% crop @35mm SOOC

full frame
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-sUqUdYGiMMg/VDyj4HHhhhI/AAAAAAAAbwc/OO04Notm3P4/s800/DSC_5289.jpg

100% crop
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kM3tOZdLNfM/VDyj4-imZLI/AAAAAAAAbwk/6rZyIsOQBBo/s800/DSC_5289crop.jpg

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:22 PM
wembley
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

prices dropped

Oct 16, 2014 at 03:57 PM
Pandemic
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

For lens #2, do the aperture blades move if you adjust aperture manually? I would use this on my FM2n until I could get it repaired, and wouldn't need AF or auto aperture adjustment.

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM
wembley
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

Pandemic:

The aperture blades open up but don't close back. I think I will send it in to get repaired.

wembley

Pandemic wrote:
For lens #2, do the aperture blades move if you adjust aperture manually? I would use this on my FM2n until I could get it repaired, and wouldn't need AF or auto aperture adjustment.

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Scroggins

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Two Nikon 17-35 f2.8 afs bargains

tagged for feedback.

Oct 20, 2014 at 03:31 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.