New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2014 · Rare 13mm 5.6 on Ebay

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Rare 13mm 5.6 on Ebay

The cost was not really the issue. It was a corporate prestige lens as was the Canon 1200/5.6 AF of the era. Nikon almost certainly lost money on the program.

EBH

Oct 15, 2014 at 08:32 PM
Thomas73

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Rare 13mm 5.6 on Ebay

philshoots wrote:
The 6mm is for those with deep pockets!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/more-weird-lens-news-whale-sized-nikon-f28-fisheye-lens-sale-96k

Let me tell you the "funny" story about this one : it was listed on ebay in March 2014 by the former french owner (located in Nice, south of France) who purchased it used in London a couple of years ago. He wanted 30,000.00 Euros for it (ca. USD 40,000.00).

I was in discussion with him to buy it at that price but finally hesitated considering that spending such an amount of money in a photo gear was not the priority at the moment even though we are talking about a Fisheye-Nikkor 6mm f/2.8 Ai-S in mint condition!

I knew Village Goodies was also in discussion with the owner. Finally, as I left it, they purchased it. The guy even did the trip from the US to France to pick it up.

So, yes, Village Goodies purchased ca. USD 40,000.00 and look at the price they are listing it now...

Edited on Oct 19, 2014 at 12:00 PM · View previous versions

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Thomas73

p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Rare 13mm 5.6 on Ebay

---XR--- wrote:
Holy grail for me will always be the 1200-1700mm 5.6-8.0, I think 15 we're made as a special order at an original asking price of roughly 90,000 smackers, I wish nikon was still that ape shit with lens creations.

I fully agree : definitely the rarest Nikkor lens! I know one was purchased new in the south of France through a local dealer when it was available...

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.