New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2014 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

I really need some input here. I just got my 5D3 back from CPS. It was just a clean and check and all was fine, but when I went to use it yesterday, I could not get it to shoot in manual mode! I am lost without manual mode and leave for East Africa in 2 and a half weeks. I need this thing to work properly. When I turn the back wheel it is stuck on f5.6! Does Canon re-set everything when they service cameras? This is really upsetting. I looked through all of the custom functions, etc, trying to figure out what it might be. Ugh!

Thank you!
Sharon

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM
mpoole
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

Have you checked to see if the the little lock button under the wheel was moved to the right by mistake?

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:52 AM
bigfredtn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

Yes Canon resets all the settings to factory default settings.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

This sounds very frustrating. Is the camera totally dead in M mode? If so then a trip back to Canon ASAP is your only option. Could be a settings issue as mpoole suggests if you have some functionality. We'll hope for the best.

Oct 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

Try different lenses
Check lens mount contacts
Reset camera to defaults.
If all else fails, canon has warranty on all repairs. I'm sure if you spoke with them you could get 2 day shipping and priority repair.
They could always send you a loaner if needed

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

mpoole wrote:
Have you checked to see if the the little lock button under the wheel was moved to the right by mistake?

You nailed it. I cannot thank you enough! I was really hoping I wouldn't have to send it in again! I'm a platinum member but I would prefer to not have to deal with it.

To everyone else, thank you for your input and thoughts. Good lord, that was really annoying, and I'm a little peeved that they had to reset everything but I can live with that.

ps - You folks are awesome. This forum has saved my hide more than once.

Oct 12, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

Yes, my cameras come back and they've screwed up my file numbering. I like to keep my file names sequential so 5D2_2765 if distinct from 5D3_2765 etc and I don't have repeats. But I've learned a little trick. Take a freshly formatted memory card and take one image. Open the memory card in your computer and rename the image to the correct sequence or actuation number. Reinstall the memory card and set the camera to continuous naming. Voila, the camera follows the new number, until you send it in again. This was so frustrating until I figured a work around. Now I'm good till I hit 9999.

PS. Glad you easily resolved your problem.

Oct 12, 2014 at 01:12 PM
mpoole
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5DIII -post CPS - help!

Sharona wrote:
You nailed it. I cannot thank you enough! I was really hoping I wouldn't have to send it in again! I'm a platinum member but I would prefer to not have to deal with it.

To everyone else, thank you for your input and thoughts. Good lord, that was really annoying, and I'm a little peeved that they had to reset everything but I can live with that.

ps - You folks are awesome. This forum has saved my hide more than once.

Glad to help.

Oct 12, 2014 at 01:15 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.